1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Head of the family?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by psalm40.17, Dec 14, 2005.

1. psalm40.17

psalm40.17 New Member

Hi,

This is a slightly deprressing question but one which came to me as I was getting up this morning!

Who will be the head of my family when I die? (not that I'm planning on it anytime soon! :eek: ) Will it by my wife, my eldest son when he comes of age or my wife's father ?

with thanks

p4017

2. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Id think it would be your wife.

3. cojosh

cojosh New Member

It will be your wife. When two are married they are united and become as one. The parents act as the head of a home. I believe misconceptions about the relationship between spouses can cause misconceptions about the roles in a family unit.

4. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

My only answer would be your wife! When my daddy died I was seven years old. My mother took over as both parents and raised my brother and I wonderfully. There was never any need for my older brother to take leadership ability of the family.