1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heading out

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by lgpruitt, Jul 17, 2006.

1. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

Heading out Wednesday for vacation. We're going on a cruise and will be back on the 25th. Once I'm back, it will be back to work...getting my classroom ready for my new kiddos this year. School starts soon, too soon, here. Hope all of you have a great week!
    Lisa:thumbs:
    :Fish:

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Vacation? Cruise? It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it! :thumbs: :wavey:

Ed

3. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

If you're up this way, stop by.

4. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

Driving to Jacksonville, FL to catch the Celebration to the Bahamas. Last year we did a cruise, thus my picture on here, to Cozumel from Mobile. Gotta love vacations! :thumbs:

5. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

Where is the great white north? I saw one of your postings indicating you were lucky to have internet in your area....where exactly are you????:type:

6. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

South Central.

Alaska, that is.

7. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

Someday I want to take a cruise to Alaska....I've heard how beautiful it is.
    Off and running now. See you all upon my return. Have a wonderful week.

8. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

If you ever visit Anchorage, you're only a short drive from Alaska.:tongue3:

9. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

LOL...:laugh:
    Exactly how remotely located are you in Alaska?
    Tomorrow, Wednesday is the big drive for us. Hope all of you have a blessed week!

10. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

In the grand scheme of things, I'm not that remote. If you drive to the end of the highway system in North America, you're here. You can't drive any further. Everything else is an airplane ride, a dogsled ride, or a boat ride away. Several of the biggest towns here are not accessible by highway. ("Big" is relative. Only 4 "towns" are larger than 10,000 (one of those "towns" is a college), and most are pretty far from one another.)

The borough in which I live is larger than West Virginia, and we have a population of 51,000 people. The state has a population of 650,000 and 260,000 of those live in Anchorage. (If you include metro Anchorage (the towns that you cannot distinguish from Anchorage), you get about 400,000 people there.) The next three largest towns have 31,000, 30,000, and 11,000.

Although I'm on the highway system, I'm 15 miles from the next town (population 1,500), then it's about 20 miles to the next town (also about 1,500), then 35 miles to the next town (4,000), then it's about 40 miles to the next town (800), then it's a long way to anything else.

Ever hear of Tom Bodett? Ever hear of his, "The End of the Road"? He's from here and this is the place that's about. Seriously. You can look up his phone number in the book.

I like remote, but not too remote.

11. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

OK, you got me started to talking about my home. Did you know that the three largest cities in the US are located here?

10 Largest Cities in the US