1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Healing and the book of James 5: 13-16

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Sep 27, 2006.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Why do many believe that God cant use a Pastor or Elder to pray for a person and they can be instantly healed. Book of James talks about it!!! Why is it that many limit God... God is a God of Grace and awesome power right??

I believe God can still heal those who have Cancer, Aids, and other illnesses... I believe so, but how do you stand on this subject!!! Thanks and have a blessed day!!!

JAMES CHAPTER 5

The Prayer of Faith
    13Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. 14Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. 16Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

2. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I believe that God can heal whom he chooses.

He can do that miraculously, or he can do it through doctors.

I know some people limit God to only healing through miracles, but I don't think he's limited to working that way.

3. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I also think the best source of healing comes from Reading God's Word. His word is so awesome and it can heal any type of scars that lie in our hearts.

4. gekko

gekko New Member

I do believe healing can come miraculously either by pastors, deacons, church members, missionaries or doctors etc.

God works.

peace