1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HEALING MIRACLES -a Lack of Faith?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Claudia_T, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Today I had to let someone know that I wouldn't be able to create a Website Template for them at this time, because I was having problems with my wrist from overactivity on the computer. I am having problems with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I told them about my Doctor's Appointment, etc.

They sent an email back to me saying that they were a Christian Believer and that yes, sometimes God DOES allow us to go see a Doctor if we have a lack of faith in His power to heal.

Then they went on to admonish me that I needed more faith in God's power to heal, that I needed to tell Satan to back off, and so on.

I have often wondered about this idea, where people who have any kind of health problems are viewed by some Christians as "lacking faith" and are therefore put into some sort of "second rate Christian" category, or at least they try to make you feel that way.

The way I see it personally is that first of all, the Apostle Paul had some sort of problem and asked God to fix it but apparently God said NO. Does this mean Paul had a lack of faith in God's power?

Secondly, I also think that in the first place, I shouldnt of over worked and over exerted myself using the computer and then I wouldnt have this problem.

Of course alot of problems healthwise have nothing to do with any fault of our own.

But can we go abusing our bodies by overwork or improper dietary habits, staying up all hours of the night, etc and then expect God to miraculously heal us when we ask? And if He doesnt, does this mean we just lack faith?

What about when the Devil told Jesus to jump off the building because it is written the angels have charge over you and wont allow you to be hurt... but Jesus answered that thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God?

Furthermore, what about when you die? It happens even to the best of us, did the fact that our bodies finally gave out just mean we didnt have enough faith in God that one last time to heal us?

What about the elderly? If they do have any health problems does this show lack of faith in God?

Claudia

2. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

FALSE HEALING MIRACLES?

Here is another aspect of this topic of miracles, including the miracle of healing:

Acts:4:22: For the man was above forty years old, on whom this miracle of healing was shewed.

Okay think about this... if so many Christians really believe that God heals you no matter what, and that if you arent healed then this must be a sign that God is somehow angry with you or you dont have enough faith....

THEN look at the flip side of this...

What about the fact that SATAN does false miracles? Remember the time in the old testament when the magician made the serpent appear and then Moses did a miracle and his serpent swallowed the false one?

Well you see? SATAN can do miracles as well!!

Soooooooooo then.... if you start out with this mentality that God always does healing miracles and it is somehow a SIGN of His favor or disfavor... what will you think if SATAN heals someone???

Well OF COURSE you are going to ASSUME that GOD healed the person right??

WHAT A SET UP FOR DECEPTION!!!! If somebody is going around teaching false doctrines... and they ALSO have a power to do healing miracles, well what is everyone going to think about that?

Naturally they are going to ASSUME that what the person TEACHES must be from God!! Right??

I mean the doctrines of devils and the miracles of devils... just think about it!!

1Tm:4:1: Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils

AND THINK OF THIS...

Mt:7:22: Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? But what does Jesus say??

Jesus says "DEPART FROM ME, YE THAT WORK INIQUITY, I never knew you!"

Mt:24:24: For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Rv:13:14: And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Rv:16:14: For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

Rv:19:20: And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

I just thought I would point that out to everybody [​IMG]

...talk about Satan setting everybody up for some terrible deceptions!!

Claudia

3. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

You see, if Satan made Job sick... remember that??? with the boils??? then Satan can also STOP making people sick. He can let up on them and quit doing it...

We see in the story of Job that Satan can sometimes even control the weather... storms came and blew houses away in the story of Job...

Well again, if Satan can make bad weather things occur he can also let up on it and make them STOP occurring.

And so, if we ASSUME that if someone is sick God must have healed them, we can get ourselves into big deceptions in that way.

Claudia

4. music4Him

music4Him New Member

I believe in people being healed because I seen it with my own body. But when some of these people say that someone didn't get healed because they didn't have enough faith....it really upsets me. Theres alot of reasons people get healed or not. Like the blind man when the disciples seen him they asked Jesus, was his sin or the sin of his parents to be that way. Jesus said neither but it was so the works of God should be made manifest in him.

John 9:1-3
    And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
    2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
    3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

There are other things to concider....like the man at the pool that had an infirmity thirty and eight years (John chapter 5)

Nor was there just one way that people were healed (referring back to John Chapter 9) Jesus put clay with spit on the blind mans eyes here But in Matthew 9:27 -30 Jesus just touched their eyes.

BTW, Claudia I do pray that the Lord will touch your hand with the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and that the pain will cease. [​IMG]

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You believe that people get healed--so do we all.
    But do you believe that people get healed "all the time"--that is from all of their sicknesses?

6. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

God does perform miracles, but he also provides doctors with knowledge. Why is that a lack of faith? Is it satanic influence that doctors have figured out how to prescribe insulin or vaccines or set broken bones?

7. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

DHK,

I agree with you that people do not always get healed. God's providence rules the day. If the Lord is disciplining a person He is not going to quickly heal them and take them out of His fiery chastisement.

At times sickness is unto death so the saint can go into the Presence of the Lord. This is more exciting than suffering on this side of the grave.

8. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

It is an unforgiveable guilt trip to place on good Christians by saying they just did not have enough faith. If the Lord wants to heal a person--nothing will get in His way of touching that person's body renewing their health.

9. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

10. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Ray,

I agree with you. I was thinking of the time when the disciples were on the boat with Jesus and the storm came. At the end of the episode, Jesus had calmed the sea and asked them why did they doubt?

So it seems to me they never really did believe but Jesus calmed the sea anyway.

Claudia

11. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

hillclimber,

I think that is silly because I never had this problem till I started doing all the computer work...

Plus it hurts right after I do lots of typing during the day.

With these studies, its like this week chocolate is good for you, next week chocolate is bad for you. So I dont put much stock in them.

Claudia

12. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Plus with the carpel tunnel syndrome, its obvious to me what the problem is..

The repetitious movement is only part of the problem.

My right hand hurts much worse than the left, because of the fact that I have to put my hand around that mouse.. and my hand isnt all that big... I have to stretch my fingers all the way out, which is unnatural and now when I use a glass to drink with, it its a wide glass, it hurts.

Then the other problem is that with the mouse (once again) you have to lift your hand just a little bit up at the wrist to grasp the mouse and leave it in that position for hours, cutting off the circulation somewhat.

Thus you have the pain on the thumb/wrist joint because of the spreading out of your hands... and you have the pain on top of your wrist because of the lifting up of your wrist for hours.

Its also obvious to me that for some people overweight might cause it because your hand movement is restricted because of the fat around it but for others its just that you have a smaller hand and the mouse is a one size fits all.. and you have to stretch your hand around it.

The repetitious part is a factor, of course. I know what the problem is because I know which things cause it to hurt. its just not natural to hold your hand apart and lifted up for hours and hours. And then roate your wrist back and forth on top of that for hours. And any repetitious movement that isnt natural and your body wasnt designed for it, isnt going to be good for you.

Claudia

13. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Well I don't happen to agree with my posted article either and I certainly agree with your observation of the constantly changing dietary nonsense. I'm waiting for the study claiming water is harmful.

14. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Claudia_T

I haven't noticed any Methuselah's running around with the "name it and claim it crowd" or the "word-faith crowd". I assume they die off just like those of us who "lack faith".

15. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

I love when people accuse others of lacking faith to be healed. Did it ever occur to this person that it may or may not be God's plan for certain individuals to be "healed?"

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is, depending upon which country or source you are drinking it from. I have a relative who has amoebic dysentery from driking "harmful water."
    DHK

17. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

One of the most dangerous substances around is dihydrogen monoxide.

dhmo.org

18. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Commercial fishing is also a great source of trouble from carpal tunnel. The repeated (thousands of time per day) picking of the net from the fish, the excessive force of holding the fish, etc. By the end of the season, I had to hold my hands like crab claws for the first part of the day until I worked the kinks out.