1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Healing Place Pastor Leaves for.....Healing

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Aug 2, 2012.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the Irony Department:

BATON ROUGE, LA - The pastor of one of the largest churches in Baton Rouge is taking a leave from the church.

Pastor Dino Rizzo told members of the Healing Place Church during services Sunday that he needed to take time off, several members confirm.

"I have not felt myself, spiritually, physically or emotionally for several months now," Rizzo said. "My physically exhausted, spiritually depleted state has affected my decision making, my family life and my ability to lead effectively," Rizzo said.

It has been determined by the spirituality board of Healing Place church that Pastor Rizzo is in need of a sabbatical rest for healing, reflection and restoration of spirit, soul and body. Pastor Rizzo has humbly and willingly embraced the board's plan, which does not include a predetermined period of time. That will depend upon the healing process.

2. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about that church, but I agree that this situation is, at the least, very ironic.

3. IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN)

IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN) New Member

Agreed:laugh: