1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Health Care Reform That I Can Support

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Jan 15, 2009.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. billwald

billwald New Member

Looked at the site. Strange, couldn't find the legislation text.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Since the op starts out with the above lie the rest of it has no credibility. Of course seeing that Cucinich is part of this just further takes away from any credibility. This is a complete joke.:laugh:

4. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The site offers only promises, no substance... I'm not impressed.

There are two things that our government needs to address, and they have been sitting on there hands wasting the little time we have to fix the problems.

1. Health care reform
    2. Social Secutiry

Changes in one must be tied to the other.
    We can't pay for masses of people that don't work; retirement is a idea whose time has passed.

AND the first step in health care reform is making our representatives in Washington use the same plans the working class uses.

Rob

5. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OOooOOoOPS

#5 Deacon, Jan 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2009
  6. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    uggggggggg

#6 Deacon, Jan 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2009
  7. rbell

rbell Active Member

So we're going to put the bunch that runs FEMA, Walter Reed Army Medical Hospital, the IRS, and Congress...in charge of our healthcare?

That's rich.

I love their explanation: "You'll hear that this is socialized medicine. It's not...it's simply healthcare for all Americans, run by the government."

Duh.

No thanks. I'm sure with the messiah in office, and Albert Einstein Pelosi running the house, this will happen. I just pray there's an "opt-out" clause so I can have real healthcare and be in control of my own life. I'll handle me and my family, thanks.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) If you want to work until you are 80 go ahead, Rob. As for me, I plan on retiring long before then, the Lord willing. Retirement is not something that should be only for the rich. We middle and working class folks should be able to retire as well.

2) No. The rest of us should have access to the same health care plan that our U.S. representatives and senators have.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There should not be. We need one health care plan for all Americans - rich and poor and middle class.

10. rbell

rbell Active Member

Great idea. Force every American, at the point of a gun, to accept a healthcare system, whether they want it or not.

I didn't realize you were philosophically opposed to freedom. It's a shame.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here ya go:

www.fiar.us/HR676.pdf

12. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I plan on working till I can't just like God meant us too.

I don't mind you retiring early, just don't make me pay for it.

Social Security is //was// a Ponzi scheme that is failing fast.
    It will not be there for our retirement!
    The ever increasing "bailout" spending of congress is assuring that.

Whatever dollars we have saved ourselves will be worthless after the soon-to-come inflation.

As for #2: Congress's Own Health Plan As A Model For Medicaire Reform [Heritage Foundation: 1997 - LINK]

Rob

13. rbell

rbell Active Member

I can't think of many more unAmerican concepts than forcing someone to buy government health insurance--whether they want it or not.

Like I said...that's unAmerican.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Deflation is way more of a threat today to our nation's economy than inflation.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't care if it is or not. It is what is best in the long term interests of the citizens of America as a whole.

16. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Yes, you should be able to if you choose and guess what? YOU CAN! No one is going to stop you from retiring. I can't remember any law that says you are not allowed to retire. I can't think of any group of people that have an agenda to keep you from retiring.

You just need to plan properly so that you can retire. As Dave Ramsey says, "If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else." Why should I pay for your retirement? Heck, I want a new car...will you buy me one? No?! Why not? New cars are not something that should only be for the rich! I demand that you pay for my new car.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have been - paying into my 401(k), IRA, Social Security, and Medicare.

18. rbell

rbell Active Member

By definition, anti-liberty, unAmerican ideas are bad for American citizens.

Your "solution" would take the responsibility off the individual. Individual initiative and responsibility are what made this country great.

Worse than that, your "solution" doesn't even offer the chance for self-motivated, responsible Americans to handle their own affairs!

You simply ignored my earlier post...what makes you think that those who gave us FEMA, Walter Reed Army Medical Hospital, the IRS, and Congress could do anything but screw up healthcare?

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Of all the straw man arguments that you hear from the opposition, and of course you will hear this one more and more as the election season heats up, this is the one that has has to take first prize. To begin with, government bureaucrats do not "run" the current Medicare system and they will not "run" the New Medicare either, at least not in the sense that they will intervene between doctor and patient where critical health care decisions are concerned as the current system presently allows. But the overwhelming irony comes from the fact that under the current system CORPORATE bureaucrats run the system with an iron fist denying needed health care to thousands for the sake of higher profits, patients who are paying huge premiums to get it. So the question becomes - why is it better for the system to be run by corporate bureaucrats than government ones? I guess you have to be the one to decide that issue but to a lot of Americans, given the track record of the corporate bureaucrats over the last half century, the issue is really a no brainer."

- www.hr676.org/5.html

20. rbell

rbell Active Member

So Ken, does quoting propaganda improve the idea any? It's still a lousy plan.

And if they have to lie to make their point, who should trust them?