1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hearing the Word vs. Reading the Word

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Gregory Perry Sr., May 30, 2005.

1. sea_angel

sea_angel New Member

I think that if you are able to to really listen and focus on what you are hearing and the Lord is speaking to you through that, that's great. I, personally, am more of a hands on person and my mind wanders if I try to listen to things on tape unless it's music and I'm singing and swaying along w/ it [​IMG] . I think though that if the Lord is using these tapes to speak to you, press on!!!

Love in Christ,
    Amy
    ChemoAngel to Brian
    http://www.active.com/donate/ltnDenver2/ASopoti1

2. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

Brother Perry, If listening to tapes on the Bible is beneficial to you there is nothing wrong with that. My self I have to read in order to retain it to memory, at times I have to write notes in order to aid my memory. When I was taking college courses. I tried tapes when I was driving, but it didn't work, I wished it had, it would have been easier.

So it goes with Bible study, if I listen to someone giving the message orally my mind tends to wander. So I use the Bible, commentaries(I know some wont use commentaries), but that's ok. I also
    use handouts.

3. shannonL

shannonL New Member

Along the same lines I suppose. I enjoy reading the Bible outloud sometimes in my devotions. There is nothing mystical about it but I just think its kind of moving in a way. I don't know if it helps me grasp what I'm reading or what?