1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heartland Baptist Bible College

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by USMC71, Jun 11, 2006.

1. USMC71

USMC71 New Member

Does anyone know about Heeartland Baptist Bible College in Oklahmoa City? What kind of school is it?

2. Sarah6

Sarah6 New Member

It is BBF School.

Sarah

3. Gayla

Gayla New Member

http://www.heartlandbaptist.edu

I believe the school is no longer BBF.

They do believe and teach that the KJV is the preserved Word of God for English language today. And living a separated life, modest dress, etc.

4. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Heartland

Thier website leaves a lot of questions unanswered.My nephew went there,his father seems to think they are right on.That tells me they are hardcore KJVO and extra legal.I understand they have some other issues.

5. Cailiosa

Cailiosa New Member

My best friend went there and she loved it, as far as I know she found none of their teaching to be inaccurate, but I also know she is Briders Baptist so I don't know if the teach the Briders Baptist doctrine or not.

6. USMC71

USMC71 New Member

Heartland

My friend graduated from there and said it was wonderful. They are KJV only and do have standards above the world. (and most schools) Nothing wrong with that, especially in a day and time when the standard is according to your own heart. They are not Baptist Brider, nor do they teach that. It sounds like a school that would be perfect for training men and women for the ministry of the Lord. It is not a BBF school, they separated from the BBF before its first year was completed.

7. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

There is a difference

There is a difference between standards and extra legal.We should speak where the Bible speaks.Heartland may be just your cup of tea but I would check a little closer if it were my time and my money.

8. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

RE:Heartland

I have been to the campus several times and our Pastor teaches Hermeneutics there each fall. Like any Bible college there are elements within the support group that tend to be a little extreme but they are definitely not KJVO as a whole. Their stand on modesty and separation are truly what at one time was the accepted standard in all Baptist Colleges regardless of affiliation.

Sam Davidson and Dave Hardy are men whom I believe are above reproach as concerning their testimony within and without the Heartland community and Oklahoma City and Tulsa in general.

It is definitely a school that majors on Pastoral and Missionary preparation but also has I believe has a decent Music and Christian Education program.

Though it is unlikely that there is a support element that embraces progressive or liberal ideology the school is not an ultra legalistic institution. I would consider it a solid school that still embraces the preaching of God's word with out apology, the teaching of our Baptist distinctives, having an evangelistic fervor and a strong missions emphasis. I would call them distinctly Baptist and not Baptist Brider nor Ruckmanite.

I am quite amazed at the comments on this thread seeing that few if any are truly familiar with the school or it's leadership.

9. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Heartland used to be Pacific Coast Baptist Bible College in San Dimas, CA...Sam the Man "sold" the school, took the money and moved it to Oklahoma. It is really nothing more then a bunch of far right legalist indoctrinating their students. They are not even allowed to grant a diploma by the state of Oklahoma! The have to give out a certificate of completion! I don't think they are even able to use financial aid, Pell Grants and the like. Attending there would be a wreck of an education. If you want a real education in Oklahoma with a Baptist foundation, there is Oklahoma Baptist University.

10. Gayla

Gayla New Member

I am very familiar with Bro Sam, (I've known him since 1967) but I married and moved away from Oklahoma in Feb of '98. The same year the College moved from San Dimas. So I haven't been around for the Heartland experience.
    But I do know Bro. Sam Davison and Bro. Dave Hardy well enough to know that Heartland is a School that has high standards all around and will give a good education.

And I don't even know what a Baptist Brider is.:smilewinkgrin: :wavey:

11. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

You sir have no idea what you are talking about. Your comments reek of bitterness and ignorance. Brother Davidson had nothing to do with the sale of the school that was done by the board of trustees of Pacific Coast. As for the money it was split evenly with the new school in southern California. To say that Mr. Davidson pocketed the money is, simply put, foolishness I am aware that the church he pastors, Southwest Baptist, has given between $500,000 and $1,000,000 to the school in the last 5 years.

There are many schools that have refused state and federal funding and as for accreditation the schools goals are not to compete in the academic disciplines but to prepare young men and women for ministry.

Your comment “it is nothing more then a bunch of far right legalists indoctrinating their students” is certainly uncalled for, is ignorant, callous and foolish.

Venomous attacks do not reveal ones knowledge as much as they reveal ones character and in this case ones bitterness.

12. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christian Tone and Words!!!!!

thjplgvp,

Sir; I visit the College/Seminary Thread frequently. I was astonished at the tone of your post to go2church!!!:tear: Granted, I have not gone through the entire post but the words, IMHO, cannot express the Spirit of our Lovely Lord Jesus Christ--can they?

I know it is natural to love our Alma Mater and to stand up for her when we believe she is being reviled but you sir have taken this to an extreme.

I have seen many "fights" among the IFBers since I have been on the BB, but I believe this is some of the harshest language I have experienced to date.

Could you please at the very minimum tone down the inflammatory rhetoric?!

Please re-read what you wrote, or get someone whom you trust who might be objective to read it to you and listen with an open heart to what and how you said what you did:

I hope you can find it in your heart to take words about you school or its leadership with a grain of salt?

Please?!

sdg!

rd

#12 Rhetorician, Jun 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2006
  13. Scott P.

Scott P. New Member

Brand new member...

Just my 2 cents worth. I believe the reply was more like righteous indignation. You attack my church (or it's school), you've just attacked me personally. There is no grain of salt to take it with...

14. Scott P.

Scott P. New Member

Here are they guidelines I am using when I send my daughters to college (much sooner than I would like to admit!):

- King James Bible only.
    - School is a ministry of a local church. All school leaders must fall under the pastor of that local church.
    - Old fashioned standards.
    - School must train soulwinning (evangelism, witnessing, whatever you want to call it).
    - Recommended by my Pastor. He may know something I am not aware of... This is actually my FIRST step...

Just my thoughts...

15. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

To Rhetorician,

My dear brother let me see if I understand you correctly. Go2church first attacks the college president with unfounded accusations of stealing money, "sold the school and took the money" he then calls the faculty "a bunch of far right legalists" and then he says that to go there would be a "wreck of an education" but for me to respond to these accusations in like manner is unbecoming to the Spirit of Christ.

First of all let me say that the school is not my Alma Mater I have been on campus maybe 8-9 times since it moved to OKC. Secondly I do know many of the men who are identified as "right wing legalists" and know for a fact that is not a true statement. Thirdly nowhere in the statement by Go2church did he say in my opinion all of his accusations were made as fact.

Therefore I responded in kind.

I accept your rebuke as one who is concerned but most certainly you did not see what I saw. Thank you for your care but I stand by my words.

:type:

16. Gayla

Gayla New Member

I wanted to respond like thjplgvp, but the words don't come very well.

Well said, thjplgvp.

17. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Moderator Warning: If someone makes a post that you find offensive the BB protocol and established BB Posting Rules require that you report the offensive post by clicking on the "Report Post" Icon and then give the Moderators time to react (we are not all always on-line and monitoring every post). However, just because someone offends you with their post it does not give you license to respond in like fashion. You are free to respond, but please do so in a manner that honors the Lord Jesus Christ and allow the Moderator team to deal with the original offensive poster. As it stands now it seems that I may have at least two BB members in violation of the BB rules for failing to show grace to their fellow posters. Cool it... debate the issues in a civil manner and do not make personal attacks against the poster holding the opposing view.

#17 Bible-boy, Jun 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2006
  18. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Not a problem from me. I had heard of the 'report post' button but was not fully aware of how and why it is used. I will tone down my response in the future and look forward to hearing your particulars on why my post was incorrect. No disrespect meant.

thjplgvp

19. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I give HBBC my full endorsement. It is not affiliated with BBC or BBFI in any way. I have a daughter attending there this fall, as well as two other young people from our church. I also have Brother Davison coming to preach for me in August of this year.

go2church's information is quite inaccurate, however, I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he was misinformed.

20. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

I hope you aren't setting your kids up to be mindless followers.