1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

'Heaven Is For Real' is adapted into a film

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jedi Knight, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It's a sign of the Biblical ignorance in our church pews. It's very sad to me to hear believers say that this was a great book. :(

3. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Exactly, in my Sunday School class a lady was praising this book and I was mad people could sit in silence as if it was to not be questioned.....well at least for a moment or two. ;)

4. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

Sadly, Todd Burpo's book is just one of many of its genre.

So many would rather hold on to fantasies written by man than to cling to and believe the facts given by inspiration of the Almighty.

5. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

What has happened, is Colton has been conditioned to believe a lie. That is why, until God reveals the truth to him, Colton will always think his dad is truthful.

How many of us can truly remember what we did when we were three or four years old. I barely remember events of when I was seven and eight... much less four.

What i believe happened is that Colton heard his dad preaching sermons and adapted some parts of those sermons to be actual events in his own life. Many of those events can be easily refuted by just opening the Word of God and comparing it to what the child says he experienced.

Jesus' horse is rainbow colored? Really? Because the Bible says His horse is white. I believe Colton must have seen a few episodes of "My Little Pony" and "Rainbow Brite" and woven them into a Bible story that he heard Todd preaching on. Voila! A rainbow colored horse ridden by the Savior... the best of both worlds.

6. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

The book is for people whose spirituality is an inch deep and a mile wide.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The heretical boo "The Shack" was lapped up like crazy as well. People are just looking for what makes them feel good.

8. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

"Boo" is a good name for the genre - :laugh:

9. Allan

Allan Active Member

If you read the book, Not Only is it full of unbiblical stuff, but at the end it states that he still nightly (as he lays down to sleep), goes to heaven and has conversations/discussions with God and Jesus.

10. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Amen Brother.

11. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

You know it's this kind of story telling that got the Mormons off the ground.