1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Heaven or Earth

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Judith, Mar 25, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I love it when hearts can agree!

YOu and I will be there together, and I think all our disagreements will be settled in one fell swoop of the sword of righteousness! :wavey: :thumbsup: :smilewinkgrin:

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

This is what I think, too.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

We agree about this earth, but the rapture has nothing to do with it. As in other acts of wrath, the righteous are removed from the impending judgement. It is temporary.

4. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You tell that to the people who talk about how great it is going to be "when we all get to heaven" and never once give a single mention to new creation and resurrection. It has bred a generation of believers to look forward to a neo-Platonic, almost Gnostic desire for a bodiless existence on some ethereal plane.

Rapture theology may not actually teach that, but it has been used (and abused) to make the above conclusion.

But I still think the case stands: if God's goal is to live w/ his people on the earth, then why take his people out of the world? Is he not able to protect his people while leaving them in the world?

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea, but I'm tired of hearing about it. Cant ya talk about life on this side of death? People are tired of hearing about eternal life when they gotta muddle through this life. Tim....and I mean real tired.

6. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

:godisgood::thumbsup: