1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Heaven or Hell which one will you choose?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Oct 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dante's Inferno. If you read more books, Don, you would know this. :tongue3:

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He has gone from:

1. Open air preaching to strangers on street corners.

2. Anonymously placing tracts under windshield wipers of cars.

3. Writing letters and making phone calls to pastors of "false churches".

4. Preaching to the non-elect members of Baptist Board.

(Just making an observation.)

3. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Come on, evan...several people have asked and re-asked the same question. You cannot throw out some statement like the one above and just hope people accept it.

Where, in the scripture, are we told that there are degrees of reward in Heaven and degrees of punishment in Hell?

Consider this parable:
    To my interpretation of that scripture, if someone were saved on their deathbed and never had opportunity to work for the Lord, they have the same reward as me, even though I was saved at ten years old, announced my call to preach in my early 20s, and have tried to labor for the Lord for the better part of fifteen years so far.

And I have no problem with that. The last verse, stating the last shall be first, and the first last, reveals to us the level ground of Heaven.

4. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

God is Just and Fair. Obviously the Anti Christ and the false prophet will have a hotter hell than the moral and ethical Mormon whom rejected Christ. The same for Rewards in Heaven because at the Bema judgment our works will be tested and some will receive greater rewards than others

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

"Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town."

http://carm.org/hell-sin

6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, at least someone can provide scripture. Hard to reason out the scriptures when the person making the claim doesn't use them....

7. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

As an offshoot of this topic, though something I think pertinent to our discussion, do you believe people will be more or less emotionally autonomous in Heaven?

I ask this because people have a tendency to see someone with more than they have, and they get jealous. If we retain that emotional nature in Heaven, then you have the potential for envy and jealousy in the Heavenly realm. If not, then we're talking about God stripping away emotion, basically rendering us as not much more than puppets or robots.

8. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Thank you, webdog. It's nice to see someone point to scripture to back up their statements.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I can't speak for him, but maybe its because he assumes people know these texts that allude to this belief.

10. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread should be shut down because Evan is questioning the salvation of his fellow posters.

11. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I am shutting this. Want to start a new thread? Degrees of reward in heaven or degrees of punishment in hell?

Just don't imply BB members will burn or you will be cast into outer darkness :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.