1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heaven...!!!

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Lori, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Lori

Lori New Member

I have recently read a synopsis about a new book on Heaven coming out in October. (You can go to the Left Behind website and it'll show the book and author) The author mentions that we will get to eat and drink and not just drinking in God's love and feasting on His Word, but it is implyed that we'll have bodies like what we have now and that we'll also be able to actually physically eat. I don't know why but that just sounds really neat to me. I dunno...this just may be me rambling on about something that doesn't make sense, but it's been bopping around in my head this weekend and I wanted to see what others think of this. Do you think any of you will read this book I mentioned?

azwyld
    <*}}}><

2. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Lori;
    I don't think I will read it but the idea is not new to me. Jesus ate and drank with His disciples AFTER His resurrection and we are told that we will be LIKE Him. Therefore, I wonder what goodies we will get to taste in Heaven? If manna was so complete as to furnish every nutritional need of the Isrealites for 40 years, IMAGINE to variety in Heaven!
    In His service;
    Jim

3. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

MtĀ 26:29
    But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

I think that we will probably find a book like this confusing heaven with the kingdom. The bible makes mention of many things that will take place in the kingdom (not to mention many things that we can't even imagine!) but theres not any indication that I can see that a Christian will ever spend an extended period of time in heaven. After the 1000 yr kingdom, we see a new heaven and a new earth, and I guess we just continue to exist on this here planet with Jesus for eternity!

4. Lori

Lori New Member

Well either way it is an exciting thing to think about. Lots of people think we're just going to become 1)angels or 2)lil ghosties (souls/spirits) with out substance.

What types of food that we have now do you think will be in either place heaven/or melinniam(sp?) I believe I'd be happy with a big bowl of rice crispies...heaping with as much sugar as I can get...and with that new body it won't all go to my waist! [​IMG] :D

To the moderator of this board if that last qt steers us off topic pls feel free to move the discussion.

azwyld
    <*}}}><

5. wopik

wopik New Member

James Newman,
    I totally agree. For example, the second chapter of Isaiah talks about the Lord establishing His kingdom on Earth, and Zion (Israel, Jerusalem) being the center of it all.

The same goes for Zechariah 14. Jerusalem is where the LORD will govern from.

How this idea of going to heaven ever got put into people's heads is beyond me.

Whoever overcomes "will I give power over the nations" - Rev 2:26.

The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our LORD and of His Christ - Rev 11:15.

and He shall reign (on this Earth) for ever and ever - Rev 11:15.