1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heavens devils?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You forget God is timeless?

2. BD17

BD17 New Member

Timeless has nothing to do with it.

3. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

"Eternal" can mean without beginning or end or it can mean existing outside of time. Even with free will, God can know the choices that men will make. (Of course, time is linear for man.) A geologist friend of mine likens it to someone holding a string in both hands, with a bead on the string. If the bead represents our world in time, the bead is only aware of itself, but the person holding the string can see the whole thing.

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Says you! God saw Esau sell his birthright before he was ever born and he saw Judas be a devil before he was ever born. God had a plan of Salvation and in that plan was a betrayal and God being timeless knew who to pick to carry out the deed because of what he was. A devil, son of perdition, called "Judas".

5. BD17

BD17 New Member

God did not see anything he planned it so that it was to be carried out according to His will.

6. BD17

BD17 New Member

And the peson holding the string can make it spin in circles if it wants to...make it do what He wills. Does the bead have any control over the person holding it?

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

So, God planned evil too. Sorry, I don't believe a word of it.

You believe God is the author of sin also?

#87 Brother Bob, Sep 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2006
  8. BD17

BD17 New Member

Is killing Egyptians in the Old Testament evil? Is sending His son to be crucified evil? Is destroying the world in a flood evil? God does not create evil he allows it, and controls it, for His purpose. Christ's death was an evil thing yet it served the purpose God intended.

Really the God is the author of evil argument is so over done, it is ridiculous. God is JUST and sometimes what is JUST to God appears evil in our little insignificant eyes. You guys really need to come up with better arguments and stay consistent with you definitions. JUST is what God decides is best for us. Our just due is death, because of Adam's sin is that evil...no it is the just course of action for our disobedience.

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I believe Jesus said I will die in their room and their stead.
    Sending His Son to be crucified was Love and no greater love has man ever known.

I suspect you are among those that believe God sends babies to hell also?

10. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Now I see why we are not on the same page!! You have the save views as J Jump, it seems.

Okay, I'm done then. If this is your view, then we don't have any common ground for this discussion.

10-30, over and out.

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Him and J J come from same piece of cloth. lol

12. BD17

BD17 New Member

Bob now I see why your theology is so riddled with contradiction and error. I see your memory is not quite up to par. We have discussed the baby issue soooooo many times, and I have informed you that I do not believe babies go to hell. Wow the circles you run around the bush must make you so dizzy.

13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Low and behold, if I were the only one who went around in circles BB would be closed by now for there would nothing to talk about.