1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hebrews 10:23

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Pastor KevinR, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will: "The only Book I defend as the inerrant words of God is the English text of the Authorized King James Holy Bible."

Now Will, that is truly tragic. I commend your honesty in proclaiming your position, but that is blasphemy against what GOD said.

You are saying that you do not believe/defend MY Bible (Greek/Hebrew) as the inspired Word of God?

If I've misunderstood you, let me know. If it IS what you are saying, we need to find an "Other Religion" title for that belief, because it certainly is not "Baptist"!

2. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

Why would I admit to your lie? The bible is my final authority. However, unlike you, I don't make up lies about my final authority. I don't have to.

3. Orvie

Orvie New Member

Why would I admit to your lie? The bible is my final authority. However, unlike you, I don't make up lies about my final authority. I don't have to. </font>[/QUOTE]Hi Skan, Mr K called me "Bible Rummager" too ;) In 1610, all "Christians" appear to have been "Bible Rummagers" unless they were Geneva Onlies [​IMG] I responded to our dear brother by calling him a "Bible Facist", since he believes God has pickled His Word for the English speaking world in the KJV. [​IMG]

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There you go again.

Will, you do all this research and then spoil it all with your accusations.

even if you are 100% correct concerning what you are showing us what about...

James 3
    17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
    18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Will why not just show your evidence and then leave it at that instead of ending on an inflammatory note?

HankD

5. Precepts

Precepts New Member

So, Hank why can't you respond to the discussions instead you look for any little tidbit to twist into a slurr or an accustaion because you just don't like the facts. Brother Will is right and his "label" for Skan fits him to a "T".

Dr. Bob is also nit-picking on what most certainly looks like the mistake of Brother Will on the use of the verb "is" when "maybe" he meant "in', but we will all wait for Brother Will's reply.

God Bless you Brohter Hank for you observation.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I take a man at his word. Are you Will's pr man? Don't think he'd really want that.

BTW it should be noted by all, I don't believe habitual liars who have proven themselves untrustworthy.

7. Precepts

Precepts New Member

And your case is?

8. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

Both you and Will are liars. I am a KJV bible believer. I just don't lie about other versions.

9. Orvie

Orvie New Member

blah, blah, blah, blah....

10. Orvie

Orvie New Member

Both you and Will are liars. I am a KJV bible believer. I just don't lie about other versions. </font>[/QUOTE]Skanwmatos, I've disagreed w/ you on alot of things, but you are honest and consistent.

11. Orvie

Orvie New Member

The verdict is in Pre- U R "guilty of faulty logic as charged" :eek:

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because for the most part I agree with Brother Will and had you taken the time to read my posts to him instead of the usual rush to judgment you would have known that.

Unlike yourself Will does substantive research. If he would simply stop with the accusations at the end of his work it would probably produce some fruit.

I will say one more thing about Will, he doesn't follow up a brotherly rebuke with paranoid sniveling and whinning about being attacked by people who are only defending themselves.

HankD

13. Orvie

Orvie New Member

Because for the most part I agree with Brother Will and had you taken the time to read my posts to him instead of the usual rush to judgment you would have known that.

Unlike yourself Will does substantive research. If he would simply stop with the accusations at the end of his work it would probably produce some fruit.

I will say one more thing about Will, he doesn't follow up a brotherly rebuke with paranoid sniveling and whinning about being attacked by people who are only defending themselves.

HankD
    </font>[/QUOTE]I've disagreed w/ Will on most things b/c he's a Bible Facist....but he does "substantive research"...however the other KJVO:kjbo you spoke of is paranoid and always whines about what he himself does to others. Bluntly it's called hypocrisy :rolleyes:

14. Precepts

Precepts New Member

HankD
    </font>[/QUOTE]So why did you then?

15. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Both you and Will are liars. I am a KJV bible believer. I just don't lie about other versions. </font>[/QUOTE]Glad to see you admit to being a liar too, then. Now if all will concur, we can get over this and get to discussing the question.

I don't have to "rummage" other versions to understand the Will of the Lord and His Word, sorry, I'm God's "PR" man, and I just agree with Brother Will. There. Is that "offensive" enough? :rolleyes:

Hankd, I've done the research, you're demanding I post it, I will only continue to post the understanding of the research, if you continue to demand the evidences of my research, you will left standing there with your finger pointing, you choose, my Brother, you choose.

I do wonder, does it require "faith" to maintain "hope"? Hmmm? Let's consider before demanding the Greek be so limited: hope can be dashed to pieces, faith can only be belittled, nut when one turns to the Lord Who is Faithful and True, there is no need for simple hope, but growing FAITH! [​IMG] Praise the Lord for increasing our faith, and keeping us from a false hope! Halelujah!

Yall don't mind if I praise the Lord for FAITH do ya? I wonder how those will take this and turn it into an attack? Hmmm? [​IMG]

16. Orvie

Orvie New Member

Pre- you should stop correcting the Bible of Hebrews 10:23 elpis using the English. You, Will K, The AV translators, Noah Webster are in error here, while God is right, by chosing Paul(?)to use this word instead of pistis.

17. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Orvie - if the premise is that the AV can NEVER BE WRONG (and that, certainly, is the "only" view) then correcting the Greek is the logical step.

We have one "only" pastor who is rewriting the Greek text in an interlinear NT to conform to the structure and word order of the AV.

The fires of hell are not hot enough for doing such damage to the precious Word of God . .

18. Precepts

Precepts New Member

The Word of God is preserved in thought that just so happens to be preserved in the KJB. You accuse us of worshipping the English of the KJB and the Bible itself, all the while you maintain a worship of the Greek which is nothing more than a language of men. Now we see Dr. Bob perfectly portraying the mindset of a cardinal belching hellfire to some one and their efforts to relate the true thought of God verses the thought of man.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

God Bless

19. Precepts

Precepts New Member

So why then do yall try to correct God with GreeK?

20. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I LIKE that analogy, Precepts. Belching hellfire. Reminds me of eating dinner at Poncho's Mexican Buffet . .

And a cardinal . . didn't they have the power to excommunicate? You're laughable, friend. Not funny "ha ha". Sad. Sorry to see you go.

That IS what cardinals do, right?