1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hebrews 10:23

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Pastor KevinR, Mar 2, 2004.

1. charlie parker

charlie parker New Member

Well, I spent 15 minutes typing a reply and when I sent it I got a "sorry" we do not allow----so, since there is "nothing new under the sun--" I will retire.
    Charlie

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The verbal plenary inspiration of the Scriptures...
    Another essential doctrine sacrificed upon the KJVO altar.

HankD

3. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Where do you get "doctrines" sacrificed on any altar Hank? From the niv? I think you don't understand verbal plenary inspiration too well at all.

Do you somehow limit God so He cannot speak to men except through the Greek? Else how do you understand Greek w/o first understanding your mother tongue? How does God speak to you, Hank? In a language that you now must learn to satisfy the others who say they have a working knowledge of GreeK? Are you somehow mixing derived inspiration with VPI?

Come. Let us reason together. Leave your hogwash in the stye. Explain to us all how God actually spoke to those who penned the Scripture, then explain how it is that God somehow changed from Hebrew to Aramaic to Greek to English? When He changeth not?

The thought is inspired in the verbage , Sir, not in just any verbage, but specific harmonious verbage that relates the thoughts God inspired to men.

BTW, God still speaks to men, just not contrary to His Word, there are no modern day prophets.

Also, the "KJVO" has the same altar as you, I hope you do, but we don't sacrifice on that altar as one would think.

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hebrews 1:1-2
    God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds.
    For God to exercise choice from a variety of languages and methods does not affect His immutability.
    Agreed, Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek.

HankD