1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hebrews 6:4-8 and Matthew Henry

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Mike McK, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I was looking up Heb 6:4-8 in the Matthew Henry Commentary so I could respond to a young man who quoted me this passage because he believes he has lost his salvation.

In looking this up, I came across something interesting.

Henry says in his commentary that:

...made partakers of the Holy Ghost, that is, of His extraordinary and miraculous gifts; that they may have cast out devils in the name of Christ and done many other mighty works. Such gifts in the apostolic age were sometimes bestowed on those who had no saving grace

Is this true?

I mean, I know that Jesus says that people will come having claimed to cast out demons in His name but that He'll turn them away and I know that the Bible talks about people who have a form of Godliness but deny it's power but I can't think of any examples.

Any insight you guys could give would be appreciated.

Mike

2. Rev. G

Rev. G New Member

Recall that Judas went out with the 70, casting out demons, etc., yet all the while he was unregenerate.

Rev. G

3. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Oh, OK. I forgot about Judas.

What can I say? It's late. I'm too tired to think straight. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Mike