1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heidi Baker

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by freeatlast, May 23, 2012.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I was wondering if anyone has heard of this woman? I listened to her today in an interview and she is claiming that there is a movement of God in and around Mozambique where God is healing 100% of those who are deaf and about 60% or 70% of the blind as well as raising the dead.
    http://www.irismin.org/about

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Never heard of her or this...red flags from the page you posted:

"We were both ordained as ministers in 1985"
    "an account of the extended visions of heaven and hell that children received in his remote orphanage"
    "she was taken up in a vision for several hours and heard Jesus speak audibly to her and tell her to be a minister and a missionary to Asia, England and Africa"
    "Some were lost in visions, taken to heaven and dancing around the throne of God on the shoulders of angels."
    "Graduates went out and began healing the sick and raising the dead."

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

While I would pray all they are saying be true as to the working of the Lord it does raise a lot of red flags.

#3 freeatlast, May 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2012
  4. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

I hope its all true and real, (and it could be) but as we all know, satan is a master counterfeiter

#4 Alive in Christ, May 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2012
  5. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That, plus the word "charismatic" was all I had to read before I clicked the exit button.