1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HELL FIRE!!!

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by John3v36, Aug 16, 2004.

1. John3v36

John3v36 New Member

If you are looking for the word hell you are not getting the half of it.

Here are somethings to look for when studing hell.

This is not a full list.

Hell is:
    • A lake of fire………………….Rev 20:15
    • A Bottomless Pit…..………….Rev 20:1
    • A Horrible tempest…..………………………….…..Ps 11:6
    • A devouring fire……..…………………………..…..Isa 33:14
    • A place of sorrows………………………………..……Ps 18:5
    • A Place of weeping……………………………………Mt 8:12
    • A furnace of fire………………………………….Mt 13:41-42
    • A place of torment……………………………….…..Lk 16:23
    • Where they wail……………………………….……..Mt 13:42
    • Where there’s not rest………......................................Rev14:11
    • A Place of outer darkness…………………………….Mt. 25:30
    • Where they scream for mercy……………………….…luk16:24
    • Where they can never repent……………………….…..Mt 25:46
    • Where they gnae their tongues……………………..…Rev 16:10
    • Where they feel the wrath of God.................................Rev 14: 10
    • A place of everlasting destruction…………………..…2 Thes 1:9
    • Where the fire never goes out………..…………….……Mk 9:48
    • A place of everlasting burning……………………….…Isa 33:14
    • Where they don’t want their loved ones to come ………Lk 16:28

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A good list. But a point of correction. The Rev 20 Lake of Fire event only takes place after the 2nd coming.

In Christ,

Bob

3. John3v36

John3v36 New Member

The point is if you are doing a word count of the word hell you will miss most of the topic.

Jesus did preach more on hell then heaven.

the next time y'all read though matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. count up both.

4. Mercury

Mercury New Member

Your list provides another half-dozen references to hell in the gospels (along with a few duplicates). That's still a far cry from how many times heaven (or "paradise") is spoken about by Jesus. What exactly are you comparing in making your statement? The number of verses applying to each topic? The amount of description given about both places? Something else?

5. Bob Colgan

Bob Colgan New Member

John,
    Thats part of the new evangelical movement.

RUNNNNNN!!!

BOb C

6. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

If preaching on hell scares the hell out of some, that isn't all bad

7. Jesus is Lord

Jesus is Lord New Member

No born again pastor should preach hell... he may preach on it but his job is to preach Gospel and the whole Word of God to bring saints to maturity. There is no need to preach hell to Christians. The only reason could be to see what we are redeemed from but that´s it. When we see the Gospel preached in the Bible we don´t see "brimstone sermons". We see Jesus and Him crucified and forgivness.

8. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

I had a Christadelphian knock on the door yesterday and I asked him why they dont believe in hell, he then attacked the translation of the Bible. I then asked him why it is that every cult like the Jehovahs Witnesses who finds something in the Bible that contradicts there belief simply changes the Bible to make it say what they want. I then mentioned to him the case of how students from the Worldwide Church of God came to mainstream christian beliefs after studying at an evangelical Bible College and discovering that the Translation from the Greek and Hebrew is factual and Reliable.

Needless to say they hadnt got much to say and left in disagreement.

9. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

This is for all the people that don't want to hear a preacher preach about hell!

Do you want a nice warm fuzzy gospel, or do you want the truth? A preacher should be led by the Holy Ghost, and if he preaches on it a lot, there must be someone there that needs to hear it!!!

Peace,

Tam

10. john6:63

john6:63 New Member

We should hear God loves and we should also hear of God’s wrath. To preach only one side constantly, is not preaching the WHOLE gospel.

Those that hollar “we don’t believe in Hell” are right. In their mind there’s no Hell, but they’re following a different God, than that of the bible, in which they are breaking the very first Commandment.

Preaching Hell isn’t the Good News, but the good news is we don’t have to fear Hell, if we’re willing to come to Christ and ask for forgiveness of our sins. Those that don’t believe in Hell feel that they don’t need their sins forgiven, b/c God loves everyone, and that’s to preach universalism.

People also need to understand Hell. Not only is Hell a place of Fire, it’s also a place that’s without the presence of God. It’s not the Flames that will torture a sinner’s soul. It’s a soul that’s separated from God that will be more torturous than any other characteristics of Hell.

Remember, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego faired quite well in the fiery furnace, that’s only b/c they were in the presence of God.

11. Me2

Me2 New Member

John 6:63,

christian universalist believe there is a hell.

just not the one invented by the "infinite hell" or "eternal hell" believers.

"Hell" isnt a retrobution type realm. its a realm for the correcting of bad behavior.

its closer to an example of being married to a contentious wife.

whenever she "learns" how to be a loving, humble, submissive wife. However long it takes....

then everything will be OK.

But until then..its "hell".
    (as seen through the "eyes" of the wife. :mad: )

Me2

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There are no "I survived hell" t-shirts in heaven - because nobody does.

Nothing to support that view.

ON the other hand - I agree with you about the "eternal hell" idea lacking support.

13. Me2

Me2 New Member

Cmon Bob..

look at the GWT judgement. there you will see three groups. "I survived death". "I survived hell" and "I survived the sea". [​IMG]

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

all three enemies of unrighteousness are abolished by the covering over with righteousness.

and everybody got filled.

Eph 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
    Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

death,hell and the sea..heaven, earth..everything including all occupants are filled with the righteousness of Jesus Christ.

proving these enemies and their powers of unrighteousness are temporary in design.

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
    Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

no more death, hell, and sea.

(thats all enemies of unrighteousness..gone. not infinite, not eternal, but temporary in design)

the only logical reason for the temporary nature of "hell" is that the righteousness of Christ filled it taking away its power and covering over its occupants.

Me2

14. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Indeed. And if judged ALONE by their works then they will have the SAME problem that got them excluded from the FIRST resurrection in the first place. (the one that occurs BEFORE the 1000 years).

Hence - what follows is the SECOND death - the lake of fire.

Notice that of all that are THEN thrown into the lake of fire - there are "none to come out of it".

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Notice that this ENDS death and ENDS the wicked as well. They END in the lake of fire.

You seem to be ready for DEATH not to "come back out of the lake of fire" but are happy to have the wicked survive it.

But this is the "end" - nothing happens to them after that.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

True - but that is because "BOTH body AND soul" were "DESTROYED in fire" as Matt 10 states.

In Christ,

Bob

15. wopik

wopik New Member

Like, people burning in hell and never burning up, when the Bible says the wicked shall be ashes under our feet (Malachi 4:3 / Matt 3:12).

16. Me2

Me2 New Member

Mat 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

is this not obvious. Jesus is flat out accusing the Pharisees of being fasle prophets and antichrists!.

Jesus is calling them children of "hell"!...

and what are they ascribing to?

that Gods propitiatior will only partially save his creation. Jesus is stating that those who preach this mantra is false prophets and antichrists. and hell is their abode.

"hell" should be taught everywhere. "hell" is the domain reserved for those witholding impartial grace from Gods creation.

Mat 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in [yourselves], neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

beware those who preach that all men will not be reconciled back with their creator, or be prepared to reside in "hell" (temporarily of course)!

(By the way...the lake of fire is the destruction of the works of unrighteusness where all residence in death, hell and the sea are thrown. it is the destruction of the works within the lives of those thrown in there. not the destruction of the souls themselves. only the works.)

when it is stated in revelations that the "works" of unrighteousness are judged. the "works" judged are then destroyed by the fires of righteousness found in the lake of fire. the soul is saved by covering over the works of unrighteousness, by the works of righteousness.

the "works" of individuals, as well as the power of death and hell are destroyed.

17. wopik

wopik New Member

18. Me2

Me2 New Member

all souls are appointed to die (enter into death) and face God as he judges what the man has done in his soul.

there are three possibilities that religion has concluded throughout history.

the annihilation of the soul.
    some souls destined to heaven, some destined to hell.
    all souls destined for heaven.

the question man has to ask himself is what does God Say?

"It is appointed once that man should die and then the judgement".

Is he saying that the soul enters into death. Is resurrected from death and then is judged By God.?

Today How is the Christian Judged?

He soul enters into spiritual death is given a new spirit capable of being resurrected from death. Is resurrected and stands before God for judgement.

What is his soul Judged concerning?

The contents within oneself concerning the Knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. taught by the Holy spirit both in wisdom and understanding. It is the accumulation of Knowledge we are judged or metered out knowledge as we grow. and this is what will happen to every soul.

they enter into death where Jesus is waiting. the Father gives every soul a resurrected spirit capable of exiting death. they stand before God and are judged, or TAUGHT concerning the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Wheres the destruction of the Soul?
    Its not annihilated.
    Its Changed!!!!...to a renewed mind!..a renewed soul...

2Co 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to [give] the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

2Pe 3:18 But grow in grace, and [in] the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him [be] glory both now and for ever. Amen.

and finally what is the Will of Our God, Our Lord.

1Ti 2:3 For this [is] good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

what is the lake of fire?. what is the purifying fire of the Holy spirit?.

It is the knowledge through revelation of Our Lord Jesus Christ as we come to a more perfect understanding and the fullness of what mankind is destined to become.

thats all souls..until all come to the fullness of the stature of a perfect man

19. 7-Kids

7-Kids New Member

If you don't teach hell How will people know what to be saved from?

20. Me2

Me2 New Member

It is exactly the "fear of hell" that should be preached by those preaching the subject..

because God has given them strong delusions that they should believe a lie.

that they should fear THE Hell OF GODS WRATH.

(but remember..Its a lie.)

2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

God send "delusions" via messengers who incorrectly interpret the bibles message and preach it to others. they believe what they understand as truth. but its a lie.. it the delusion from God.

we can add from 1 John..

1Jo 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

these are the guys preaching the lie that THEY BELIEVE IS TRUTH!!!!!

and they will suck every soul down with them into their "hell" that believe their message..

the message of the unforgiving, unmerciful God who is incapable of saving his creation. who is impotent towards his unruly creation and must accept failure by only watching them in eternal torment and torture that his creation has freely brought on itself.

the message that GOD DOESNT LOVE THEM!

Get used to the message though. this is the strong delusion that God himself has placed on those he called to be vessels of wrath and reprobates.

but its a lie. but its a mystery...hhhmmm?

2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth [will let], until he be taken out of the way.
    2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

It is God himself identifying within each man the "beast" that is the "son of satan". (he is teaching those who have new eyes to see. he is identifying the elects spiritual enemy.)

it is our carnal spirit. our old man.

this is who is afraid of the Hell fire of God.
    the fire that is within the eyes of their Lord.

this is who preaches hell fire for it is he who is afraid of the fire.

isnt there a saying. "he who preaches on a subject the most, fears it the most..."

Me2