1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HELL IS NOT LAKE OF FIRE

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by JohnBaskette, Oct 21, 2004.

1. JohnBaskette

JohnBaskette New Member

Dear brothers & sisters,
    Hell vs. The Lake of Fire.
    HELL EXIST FOR 1,000 YEARS,
    THE LAKE OF FIRE IS ETERNAL.Unfaithful Chistians will spend 1 ,000 years there during Christ’s Kingdom reign with “accounted worthy”
    The difference between these helped me to see The Glorious Kingdom Truth. Please understand this is not a cultic view, such as the JW’s believe they will bring in the Kingdom without Jesus.

Please reply to discuss this truth. In the last days this doctrine will be revived.
    An Important disclaimer: THE KINGDOM TRUTH ONLY PROVES, “ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED!”.

In Christ; FEAR GOD! Remember, “Yet so as by fire”...
    John Baskette

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, folks, let's take a deep breath before responding (if at all) to this post. Let your mind govern your response not your blood pressure.

[ October 21, 2004, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Squire Robertsson ]

3. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Welcome Brother John!

Let me clarify one thing. Hell exists now and has since the earth was created in Adam's day. Hell will continue to exist until after the 1000 year kingdom when it will be cast into the LOF.

Every thing else you said is easy to prove correct from scripture. [​IMG]

Lacy Evans

PS. How is your health brother?

BTW: Brother Squire (Or other moderator), perhaps this thread should be moved to the "Baptist Theology" forum since we have already been discussing it there for several weeks.

4. JohnBaskette

JohnBaskette New Member

Okay, Squire;
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVCICE. I'd like to add prove your objection (U to Squire) W/Scripture & not with "The Traditions of men".
    "Rightly Divide The Word of Truth". Thanks again..
    John

5. JohnBaskette

JohnBaskette New Member

Bro.Lacy;
    SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM U! Sorry I missed you on Ur last visit.
    Thanks for correcticting my post, Hell surely exists now.
    Of course I know that & intended to say that. I ONLY HOPE OTHERS WILL READ Ur REPLY ALONG W/MY POST. Hey, you ought to Email me personally also b/c IT'S GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU! I'm better Health-wise. How are you & the family?

6. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

As you said...proveable from scripture.

7. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother John, here we do not use ALL CAPS to make our point. We either use bold or italic letters. Further, standard (but not necessarily perfect) spelling is the norm on this board.

8. JohnBaskette

JohnBaskette New Member

THANKS FOR ASKING FOR SCRIPTURE. NOTICE Revelation 20:14-15 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Gotta think for a minute; WHY IS HELL CAST INTO THE LOF. IF HELL IS ETERNAL?
    FURTHERMORE WHY WOULD GOD CHECK THE BOOK OF LIFE TO SEE IF PEOPLE’S NAMES THAT ARE IN HELL ARE WRITTEN THERIN?

9. JohnBaskette

JohnBaskette New Member

Thank you for sharing these guidlines on posting. :)
    Sorry for for using all caps to make a point. Let me explain it's extremely difficult (if not impossible) for me to highlight the text to be bolded. It'd due to "Ataxia" in my hand. Please forgive me if I continue.
    IF IT MESSES SOMETHING UP I'LL STOP RATHER THAN BEING KICKED OFF THE BAPTIST BOARD.
    Please allow me to continue my posts.
    Thanks, John

10. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother John: Like I tell my nephews and god-granchildren, if this is as bad as it gets, we're doing real good today. So, don't worry about being "kicked off" the Board. FYI, it may be easier for you to use the "Full Reply" option. The "Full Reply" Screen has the buttons for bolding and italicizing your words. No, highlighting needed. Or click on the blue UBB Code is enabled button. That will explain how to make words bold and italic from the keyboard. The "Full Reply" Screen also has the full menu of emoticons.

Hope this helps,
    Keith

[ October 21, 2004, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Squire Robertsson ]

11. JohnBaskette

JohnBaskette New Member

Squire.
    Thanks again!
    New, still learning Using The Full reply option helps. :) :p :p

12. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Should we develop a forum for the mansfield sect who teach believers will go to hell? I'm serious.

It has no place in "fundamental" Baptist Forum, Squire.

13. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Hey, we don't dance!

14. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

It's ironic, kinda.

You can believe that a Christian can lose his salvation and go to the LOF for all eternity. But you don't get a sect named after you.

You can believe (correctly) in absolute eternal security but take it to the extreme where you turn the grace of God into lasciviousness. (ie. no responsibility, just cookies at the Judgment Seat.) You don't get a sect named after you.

But you can believe as many Baptist and Brethren writers have taught over the years that we are eternally secure but subject to chastening after death at the JSOC and we are a sect.

I guess we are in good company. here is a "sect' in scripture.

PS. Hey James, I danced the other day at flag football practice. I was running my son's offensive huddle and we stayed too long in the neighborhood of a family of fire-ants. Disco fever,man!!

15. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Hell was the word sometimes used for "grave." So what is being cast into the lake of fire here is the grave, not hell as in the hell of eternal punishment, but hell as the grave, or place of the dead. In other words, death and the grave, brought in by sin, are done away with.

The Lake of Fire is what we think of as hell - the place of eternal punishment.

16. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Yeah,
    If it don't square with a certain someone, then it is a sect.
    Or heresy.
    Or false doctrine, i.e. a lie.
    Or whatever, fill in the blank__________.
    And supposedly this forum is for discussing and/or debating theology.
    But woe unto the man who introduces something unfamiliar!
    I thought discussion was more than just contradicting what someone has to say. I thought discussion was something like presenting a position with facts. And supporting those facts with Scripture and recognized scholars/theologians/preachers. Or something to that effect anyhow.
    Hmmm. Guess I was wrong.
    Must not be a Baptist Board after all.

I do apologize for my sarcasm. But I do get exasperated sometimes.
    In His srvice;
    Jim

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And just what facts did you present to us Jim?
    I saw a lot of words posted, but little facts.
    DHK

18. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

So was the rich man already in the lake of fire when he begged for Lazarus to come cool his tongue?
    Luke 16
    23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
    24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I may not agree exactly with Marcia. But as to your question, Yes I believe he was, and still is, and will be there until Hell is cast into the Lake of Fire.
    DHK

20. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

So when did he get cast into the lake of fire, if no one else does until after the thousand years are finished? The bible says he was in hell, and he was tormented by flames. Hell is cast into the lake of fire at the same time everyone else is at the end of the millennium. Even Satan himself is kept in hell until after the thousand years. How do you explain this?