1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Hell Under Fire

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, May 1, 2016.

1. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So many things right with this post, Evan!

You mentioned Beale! You provided a link to the book you are talking about!!

Keep it up!!!

2. Greektim

Faith:
    Baptist
    So no semper reformanda??? All the treasures of Scripture have been mined? There is nothing new to discover? We've reached the epitome of knowledge of God's Word??? What's the point in PhD's then, if there is nothing new to contribute to the scholarly community????

I wish you would have told me this before I wrote my 160 page thesis and article that I got published about Revelation 3:14-22. That would have saved me a lot of time to realize that I didn't really make any new contribution to the understanding of Revelation but just repeated something old under the sun.

Geese. This is quite narrow-minded thinking.

For the rest of us who don't have it all figured out and haven't seen everything new under the sun, let's keep reading!!!!

3. Greektim

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hahahahaha... He said "Hell books"

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've been thinking about this statement. What essentials of the faith can a Christian remain ignorant of and still be a Christian?

Does this state of ignorance in what is essential to our faith really apply to "most" Christians? (I can not think of one believer who does not know the Object of his faith). And if these essentials can be absent yet salvation be of that faith, can they really be essential?