1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HELL?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by RaptureReady, Nov 1, 2002.

1. Matthew 16:24

Matthew 16:24 New Member

Me2 I think I may be posting too much scripture for you to understand or something.
    You have been reading my post haven't you?
    Christians who deny that Hell is real or is temporary really worries me.

Yes the "second death" which is being in torment in the Eternal lake of fire
    AND WHEN THE THOUSAND YEARS ARE EXPIRED, SATAN SHALL BE LOOSED OUT OF HIS PRISON, AND SHALL GO OUT TO DECEIVE THE NATIONS...AND THEY WENT UP ON THE BREADTH OF THE EARTH, AND COMPASSED THE CAMP OF THE SAINTS ABOUT, AND THE BELOVED CITY: AND FIRE CAME DOWN FROM GOD OUT OF HEAVEN, AND DEVOURED THEM. AND THE DEVIL THAT DECEIVED THEM WAS CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE AND BRIMSTONE , WHERE THE BEAST AND THE FALSE PROPHET ARE, AND SHALL BE TORMENTED DAY AND NIGHT FOR EVER AND EVER -Rev 20:7-10

Lets go to the Bible on this one,
    THE LORD JESUS SHALL BE REVEALED FROM HEAVEN WITH HIS MIGHTY ANGELS, IN FLAMING FIRE TAKING VENGEANCE ON THEM THAT KNOW NOT GOD, AND THAT OBEY NOT THE GOSPEL OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST: WHO SHALL BE PUNISHED WITH EVERLASTING DESTRUCTION FROM THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD, AND FROM THE GLORY OF HIS POWER-2 Thes 1:7-9

me2, if you like I could post a REAL long post on every person in the Bible who feared the Lord.
    Have you read through the whole Bible including the Old Testament?

Please do not take this question the wrong way, I am not insulting your intelligence or being a smarty pants. It just that Hell being temporary, would be like saying that God did not promise eternal life (John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life)
    When I read the Bible, the thought of Hell being temporary never pops in my mind, so it just hard for me to understand why people believe Hell does not exist or is temporary. the scripture makes this one perfectly clear.

Do word search on "fear" and see why and how it is used.
    Also, do a study on which one Jesus commented on Heaven or Hell more, you may be surprised.

In Christ

[ November 10, 2002, 05:15 AM: Message edited by: Matthew 16:24 ]

2. Me2

Me2 New Member

Hi Mat 16:24,

Every Thing in existence WAS judged by the Lord Jesus Christ.

and We were found Guilty...BUT...God Placed that Guilt on his Lamb, and His Lamb took the consequences that we deserved. The Lamb took the Sins of the world into his death.

The world Now is declared "Not Guilty".

And Through his action of dying for the Fathers entire creation.
    All of Gods Creation is "Sinless".
    This will be Declared at the end of Gods plan for this Age. At the Judgement. That is the truth.

You and I have the Priviledge of "Seeing that truth now"by faith"...while others dont.
    (think about it, it could be thousands of years forward looking into the future that this event occurs in our finite timeline, but through Gods eyes, he allows us to believe
    that REALITY in the flow of future events.... Now)

Revelation is just that......a vision to a Jewish Believer of who Jesus Now Is...The Lord.
    Parables are designed to cover.. and also to unveil its truth to whom God Chooses.

So give me your interpretation of what you "see" and I will Tell you What I "see" and we can compare.. only posting scripture verbatim of how it is written in the bible is useless without Gods personal interpretation..Seeing what the scriptures means through HIS Eyes.

Heres a little extra note: Look up Homer..His introduction of "Hell" into Greek literature occurred approx. 800 yrs before Jesus was Born...Go Figure. Jesus was mad at the Pharisees because they chose to add and teach Jewish folklore in their Religion...about what subject.."Hell".
    Making God to appear to have two outcomes of destiny..to appear partial and judgemental.
    again..Go Figure

God is Love..and He's not partial..

[ November 10, 2002, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: Me2 ]

3. Angie Miller

Angie Miller New Member

Revelation 14:9-10(NASB)9 Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand,
    10 he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
    </font>[/QUOTE]YIKES! :eek: Kind of puts it in perspective, don't you think!!! [​IMG]