1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hell

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by AITB, May 20, 2002.

1. Star

Star New Member

DHK
    There are some things that don't need to be addressed:

Says who? And what if someone wants to adress them? Because my honest questions are put on "ignore" by just about everyone doesn't make those questions go away. So you might not need to adress my (already posted questions) but I'm seeking to understand certain things which bring questions to my heart. So I'm seeking to find these things out the more I look the more I desire to look and the bigger my list of questions (that make perfect sense) becomes.

Its fear that keeps you from seeing that they are relevant questions which provoke thought. Its a position of default to avoid them and cast judgement on them without being required to present your case against them especially if you believe strongly in the other direction. I'd accept an "I don't know", I have offered that one myself being honest with others and myself when I truly don't know. In fact, theres alot more I don't know in the Lord the more I grow in Him. I knew just about everything when I was young in Christ.

Personally I think the questions raised are good ones, but if you already are comfortable with your theology by all means ignore us who are still seeking to understand for ourselves until it registers true within us. Simply put my questions keep me from thinking I know all the answers and it keeps me open to those different from myself and it keeps me from judging others.

I hope that those who think nothing needs to be adressed find other threads where they can be useful in their callings, adressing more important needs then those needed here. I just want to know why are you here on this thread if you cannot or will not contribute anything but judgement? I'll never understand that. :confused:

In Him Kim

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My two final thoughts before leaving Ken, Star, et al alone for good:

1) Star, you keep referencing those that cast judgement without refuting Ken; I've refuted him on several points. Granted, you didn't agree with my refutations; but whether you agree or not doesn't dispute the fact that I've shown more than once that he's used a verse out of context, or stated a conclusion that the supporting verse didn't support. If you're going to throw these "judgements" around about others, please do those that are guilty of your accusations a favor, and specify who they are, so that they may either prove themselves, or offer an apology.

2)
    Oh, cry me a river.

Most people would look at the title of the message board -- "Baptist Board" -- and come to the obvious conclusion that there's a bunch of Baptists here.

It was only by the webmaster's kindness that he even provided a section for non-Baptists.

And what do y'all do about it? Whine.

Where's the love?

The obvious conclusion? Go to Bravenet, EZBoard, or one of at least a dozen other free message board web sites, and start your own.

Or, continue to take advantage of the webmaster's graciousness, and gripe about the fact that he gave y'all non-Baptists a place to post on a Baptist message board.