1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Followeroftheway, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Followeroftheway

Followeroftheway New Member

Hello all, my name is Travis. I'm 20 years old and I live in Southeast Georgia with my wife. We are expecting a baby girl in January! I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior when I was 10 years old at my Grandma's church. I've had a bit of a long spiritual journey to get to this point, but God has been good to me throughout and has blessed me with eyes to see and ears to hear just recently. Anyways, hello, good to be here.:wavey:

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Welcome to the board!

3. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Welcome aboard, Travis!!

So.....just how far (as the proverbial crow flies) are you from King's Bay Naval Submarine Base.

I've asked that question so that all of the other BB folks will have a much clearer idea of just exactly where St. Marys is located within the boundaries of the LARGEST (in sq mi anyway) US state east of the MS River (and apparantly they still aren't satisfied w/ the 59+ k sqmi they've already got since they've taken the state to the NW of it to court....insisting that the former CSA state from which Gen Sherman launched his....say we say...."Liberation Campaign" back in 1864....cede to it several hundred sqmi of its own legally-recognized land!!!).

4. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Welcome to the Baptist Board, Travis.

5. Followeroftheway

Followeroftheway New Member

I live in St. Marys, and when I served in the Marine Corps I was a guard at K-Bay.:laugh: I live no more than 10 minutes from the Stimson Gate of Kings Bay.

6. David Mark

David Mark New Member

Welcome

:wavey: Welcome to the board.

7. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Greetings from England.

It is good to have you join us here. :)

Blessings

following-Him

8. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Welcome from the Great Pacific Northwest.

9. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

A USMC alumnus! Semper Fi......Mac [thus implying that, at least in spirit, said person is a true Scotsman!!]

BTW, NEVER , NO NEVER refer to people such as FOTW here as "Former" Marines!!!

If you do, you'll rapidly be admonished that the expression "Former Marine" is an oxymoron!!

IOW, "Ain't no such thing as a FORMER Marine!!" :thumbs:

Of course, those of us who've served in the USAF and/or Air National Guard have our own take on that obvious oxymoron, but for the sake of global peace, love & harmony, ktn4eg won't go there just now!!

BTW, Travis, do you know if they still have those red warning tags that are securely attached to the barrel ends of USMC-issued rifles and other small arms that read "TURN THIS END 180 DEGREES BEFORE DISCHARGING WEAPON!!"?? :smilewinkgrin:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Best wishes and God's blessing to all those (and their loved ones!) who've ever answered our nation's call to duty to serve (even at the risk of his/her life!) at various far-flung, maybe-isolated-and lonely---and often times very dangerous--places in the defense of the words that our forefathers wrote that are found within the contents of our Constitution.

And, also, best wishes and God's blessing to all those (and their loved ones!) others who've ever answered our Savior's call to duty to serve (even at the risk of his/her life!) at various far-flung, maybe-isolated-and-lonely---and often times very dangerous--places in the defense of the words that our God wrote that are found within the contents of our Bible.

In my estimation, both of these groups of brave people are our real heroes--past and present!!

10. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Welcome to the BB!

11. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Hello Travis!

A great BIG welcome to the BB from the great state of Illinois!

Come on down to the COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE in "All Other Discussions", where as Christians, we are all on common ground...

It is a great place to kick back, relax, and get to know each other. And we have FREE food and beverages!

Blessings,
    §ue :)