1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hells Nursery

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Jun 20, 2006.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...not from being lost, but to preserve His name and for His glory. He will not allow His child to go unpunished, to the point of death. This happened with my sister.

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Care to expand on that Webdog. You don't have to tell me about your sister, just explain a little better so this old boy can understand, ok?

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Wiped us out!

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

No problem. The story of my sister is this: She was saved in her pre teen years, and had a love of the Lord. My sister grew up in a very strict household shielded from the world. In high school, she didnt' have many friends (very small school), and boys didnt' take much interest in her. After graduation, she worked at a bank where she met a woman who fixed her up with her son. This guy was not saved...far from it.

Since my sister had never had a boyfriend, she fell for this guy head over heels. Needless to say, her spiritual life began to falter, and she let the world influence her. I can't really talk much, because at the time I wasn't walking with the Lord, either. I take some blame, too, because she was my little sister who looked up to me.

She eventually moved in with this guy, and the problems began to multiply. This guy was involved in withchcraft, vampirism and anything evil you can imagine. Since he was my sister's first "love", she began to play around with this garbage. Did God chasten her! In a period of two years, she was involved in half a dozen car accidents, hurt her back, had knee surgery, had an ovarian cyst, and got into some huge debt. Almost three years ago the police found her and her boyfriend dead in their apartment from carbon monoxide poisoning. :tear: She was found dead on her knees, which I found ironic. God will bring you to your knees if you are His child, one way or the other. If anyone know the effects of CO poisoning, it's one of the most excruciating methods of death which combines suffocation, organ eruption and whole body edema.

Throughout this whole ordeal, I kept thinking back to when my wife was saved in '00. This was the beginning of my sister's downfall. I remember the joy she had when I told her my wife accepted Christ! This gives me hope that someday I will see her again. I don't know if this will help with understanding God's chastening of His children or not, but it has helped me understand it first hand. Her boyfriend grew up in this filth...and was living a normal life. Once my sister got involved, God would not allow a child of His to be involved in the same filth for too long. God was patient, giving her almost three years to turn back to Him.

#104 webdog, Jun 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2006
  5. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Sorry about your sister. That is a tragic story indeed. How the enemy of our souls can twist us up and confuse us is often a sad reality. I hope as well that in her last moments that she touched heaven on her knees and found the grace and peace she obviously was in need of.

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I am sorry too Webdog not only for your sister but for you also. She did leave you some hope though by being on her knees. Maybe it was God's way of letting you know. God Bless,

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I've struggled since then to know if she was really saved or not. I believe she was, but she opened the door an inch for satan and he bust down the door. Someone in a backslidden state can go to such extremes, but not without having to answer for it. God uses everything, even this tragedy, to bring glory and honor to His name. I have since rededicated my life to Christ after many years of living like the prodical son, and am dedicated to serving God in any and all ways possible. My wife has done the same, and the results are trickling down throughout her family as well.

I remember after her death asking God to show me something that would give me the peace to know she was a child of His. While having dinner at a church members home that summer, their daughter said something to me and my wife that almost brought tears to my eyes. She said "this week I asked Jesus to come in to my life and save me". She's justified, sealed by the blood of Christ. She was around the same age as my sister was when she asked my mother how she can be saved. God is great:praise:

#107 webdog, Jun 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2006
  8. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

WD thank you for your testimony. May God use it to touch the lives of others that they may learn without having to experience!!!