1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hell's PopClock

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Webers_Home, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Webers_Home

Webers_Home New Member

According to Jesus' testimony as an expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; the majority of the human race hasn't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

†. Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

†. Mtt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

†. Mtt 22:14 . . For many are invited, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines many as: consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; few is defined as: consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: not many; i.e. some, but indeterminately small in number

According to Webster's then; few means a small percentage, and many means a large percentage; in other words: many = the majority.

As of July 26, 2010 @ 02:38 pm EDT, there were approximately 309,831,934 people alive in the USA with a death rate of approximately one every 13 seconds; which amounts to an average of 6,646 American deaths during just one 24-hour civil day.

Allowing for say, 1/3rd of those 6,646 daily USA deaths to be underage children, would leave 4,430 adult-age Americans crossing over to the other side every day. Giving the "few" the benefit of the doubt by setting their maximum percentage at 49%, would indicate that 51% of those 4,430 equals 2,260 Americans transferring to perdition each day— roughly 94 souls per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as the Lord didn't really specify exact percentages to represent the quantities few and many. Just think; by the time CBS completes its half-hour evening news report, a bare bones minimum of 47 Americans cross over to the Bible's hell.

Using the ratio of 94 condemned souls per hour per 309,831,934 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated population of 6,858,392,390 people rounds out to something like 2,080 new arrivals in Hell every sixty minutes on the clock (49,938 per 24-hour civil day).

Those numbers would fill the new 51,800 seat Yankee Stadium to capacity in roughly 25 hours. In other words, if those 49,938 souls started filling the stadium at 6:00 am this morning; by 7:00 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full. Meanwhile, another 49,938 would be outside in line ready to take their place.

Christmas and New Year's are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher; and believe me folks, the Bible's God makes no exceptions for those holidays; no, none at all. Souls never stop cascading into the dungeons of Hell in an endless stream like chocolate kisses on a Hershey's conveyor belt.

More > >
    |

2. Webers_Home

Webers_Home New Member

Some have proposed that Luke 13:22-24, Mtt 7:13-14, and Mtt 22:14 apply only to the Israel of the first century; but a close examination of the language and syntax easily shows that those passages apply to everybody regardless of race, gender, or nationality.

Mtt 7:13-14 is embedded in the so-called Sermon On The Mount which begins at Mtt 5:1 and ends at Mtt 7:27 with these words:

†. Mtt 7:24-27 . . Therefore whoever who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But whoever who hears these words of mine and doesn't put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.

I think it's quite rational to conclude that the pronoun "whoever" includes not just Israelites, but also Gentiles; viz: everybody on earth regardless of race, gender, or nationality.

Mtt 22:14 concludes the so-called parable of the wedding feast. The wedding was originally intended for Israelites, but due to their disinterest, was opened to the Gentiles.

†. Luke 14:21-24 . . So that servant came, and showed his master these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant: Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind. And the servant said, master it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room. And the lord said unto the servant: Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper.

However, though every Gentile is invited to the wedding; only a relatively small percentage will be permitted to attend.

†. Mtt 22:11-14 . . But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who wasn't wearing clothing appropriate for a wedding. Friend; he asked, how did you get in here without a wedding suit? The man was speechless. Then the king told the attendants: Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. For many are invited, but few are chosen.

C.L.I.F.F.
    /

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I am SO stealing that last line and using it in my writing! LOL! That's just great.

Mmmmm...toasty warm kisses. I wonder if we can reach down to hell and pluck out a few for the sake of making some heavenly s'mores. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you mean the "So called sermon on the mount"?

5. Webers_Home

Webers_Home New Member

Response to Revmitchell

RE: What do you mean the "So called sermon on the mount"?

"Sermon On The Mount" is a man-made label that conveniently identifies the portion of New Testament scripture that goes from Mtt 5:1 and ends at Mtt 7:27 because it was spoken by the Lord from an elevated location.

†. Mtt 5:1-2 . . And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: and he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying . . . . .

Elements of the sermon were taught to a different audience at a lower elevation in Luke 6:17-49, and sometimes called the Sermon On The Plateau.

Man-made labels for certain portions of the New Testament are common; for example Luke 16:19-31 is sometimes labeled the Parable Of The Rich Man And Lazarus; which of course is taking liberties seeing as how there is nothing in the text itself to justify labeling it a parable. At least the Sermon On the Mount is actually stated to have taken place on a mount, but the story of the Rich Man And Lazarus is not actually stated to be a symbolic narrative.

C.L.I.F.F.
    /

#5 Webers_Home, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2010
  6. billwald

billwald New Member

Gee, Weber, then you should refer to the so-called chapters and verses in the so-called Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
    These conventions are all human inventions.

7. Webers_Home

Webers_Home New Member

PopClock Update (01)

Since beginning the topic on July 26, 2010, 2 days have elapsed.

Using the original factor of 2,260 adult-age Americans transferring to perdition per each 24-hour civil day, suggests that 4,520 adult-age Americans have passed through the gates of the current Hell just since beginning the topic.

The world-wide total, based upon the original factor of 49,752 condemned souls per 24-hour civil day, suggests 99,504 total arrivals in perdition since beginning the topic . . . and the clock is still ticking.
    ___________________________ ____________________________

†. Mtt 7:22-23 . . Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Master, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them: I never knew you. Depart from me, you that work iniquity.

That passage doesn't target Atheists, nor Hindus, nor Muslims. No, it targets people professing to have done many wonderful works in Christ's name; viz: it targets Christians— and not just your average rank and file pew warmers, no, but rather, it targets outstanding Christians like Mother Teresa, Padre Pio, Jeanne Jugan, Jozef Damian de Veuster, archbishop Zygmunt Szczesny Felinski, Francisco Coll y Guitart, Rafael Arnaiz Baron, Father Arcangelo Tadini, Sister Caterina Volpicelli, theologian Bernardo Tolomei, Gertrude Caterina Comensoli, Carmelite monk Nuno de Santa Maria Alvares Pereira, Carlos Manuel Rodriguez, Billy Graham, Luis Palau, and a host of Sunday school teachers, Pastors, Deacons and church elders —the cream of the crop; the celebrities of the Christian world; renowned for their accomplishments, their piety, their perseverance, their love, and their dedication.

It is to many Christians like those that Jesus will say "I never knew you." Why? Because they somehow failed to access that strait gate and navigate the narrow path

†. Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be spared? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

†. Mtt 7:13-14 . .For wide is the gate and broad is the highway that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But strait is the gate and narrow the path that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Can you just imagine the crushing disappointment that some of the super stars of Christianity feel after dedicating an entire life-time to the name of Christ only to end up in Hell? And just think of the mockery they endure down there from atheists and unbelievers. Poor slobs. Going to Hell as a Christian has to make Hell twice the hell it is for other people.

C.L.I.F.F.
    /

8. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

So you know all of these people are going to hell? Most of them I don't know but the name Billy Graham does sort of stand out.

I take it you mean as a nominal Christian. or are you saying that someone could come to know Christ as Savior and stil go to hell.

9. Webers_Home

Webers_Home New Member

Response to Tom Bryant

RE: So you know all of these people are going to hell?

I didn't say them; I said people "like" them.

Quoting:

it targets outstanding Christians like Mother Teresa, etc, etc, et al.

It is to many Christians like those that Jesus will say "I never knew you."

End of Quoting

RE: I take it you mean as a nominal Christian.

I prefer to label them nondescript rather than nominal. In other words, my reference is to outstanding Christians who neglected to undergo a second birth as per Jesus' instructions at John 3:3-8.

RE: or are you saying that someone could come to know Christ as Savior and stil go to hell.

It is impossible for born-again Christians to go to Hell; and the reasons for that are very simple.

Jesus said that which is born of human life is human life (John 3:6a) and that born of God's Spirit is Spirit (John 3:6b). Well, God's Spirit is an eternal species of life rather than a mortal species of life. So then, they that are born of God's Spirit have the life of an eternal species rather than the life of a mortal species.

Eternal life is a species of life that cannot die; therefore it is impervious to the wages of sin.

†. Rom 6:23 . . For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord.

†. John 5:24 . . I assure you, those who heed my message, and believe in God who sent me, have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.

†. John 10:27-28 ...My sheep heed my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish

And anyway; it is impossible for the Spirit-born side of a born-again Christian to sin.

†. 1John 3:9 . .Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin; for His seed remains in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

†. 1John 5:18 . .We know that whosoever is born of God does not sin

Sins committed by the mortal side of a born-again Christian have absolutely no power at all whatsoever to put their eternal side in danger of the wrath of God.

†. Rom 8:1-3 . . There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.

The mortal, sinful side of born-again Christians is shucked off at death like a dead skin and they cross over as sinless beings.

†. Col 2:11-12 . . and in him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, in the removal of the body of flesh by the circumcision of Christ; having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised up with him through faith in the operation of God, who raised him from the dead.

C.L.I.F.F.
    /

#9 Webers_Home, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2010
  10. billwald

billwald New Member

>According to Jesus' testimony as an expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; the majority of the human race hasn't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

Then it is either God's will and God's work or process theology is correct.

11. Webers_Home

Webers_Home New Member

Response to billwald

RE: According to Jesus' testimony as an expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; the majority of the human race hasn't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side. >Then it is either God's will and God's work or process theology is correct.<

The effectiveness of the Bible's plan of salvation hinges on the element of decision. In other words, the Bible's God is not like Neanderthals who went about kidnapping women to marry them while caring nothing about how the girls might feel about it.

God is unwilling that any should perish (2Pet 3:9). However, it is not His decision to make. It is the sinner's decision; and the majority are obtuse and/or indifferent to the point of self destruction.

C.L.I.F.F.
    /

12. Webers_Home

Webers_Home New Member

PopClock Update (02)

Since beginning the topic on July 26, 2010, 5 days have elapsed.

Using the original factor of 2,260 adult-age Americans transferring to perdition per each 24-hour civil day, suggests that 11,300 adult-age Americans have passed through the gates of the current Hell just since beginning the topic.

The world-wide total, based upon the original factor of 49,752 condemned souls per 24-hour civil day, suggests 248,760 total arrivals in perdition since beginning the topic . . . and the clock is still ticking.

†. Mrk 9:47 . . If your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out. Better for you to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into Gehenna, where their worm does not die, and the fire is never quenched.

The koiné Greek word for worms is skolex (sko'-lakes) which identifies grubs, maggots, and/or earth-worms. Jesus said the worms are in a place called Gehenna, which is a different location than the Hades of Luke 16:23.

Gehenna is likely another name for the reservoir of liquefied flame depicted in Rev 20:11-15 since it identifies a valley near Jerusalem that apparently once served as the ancient city's landfill, where fires were kept burning day and night doing the double duty of incinerating a constant waste-stream of urban refuse and the corpses of dead animals and low income citizens.

The worms, of course, are implied to feed upon the inhabitants of Gehenna just as normal worms in life thrive on an open corpse. A worm that thrives in liquefied flame is pretty amazing, but not totally unreasonable. The 4-inch Pompeii worm lives in sea water temperatures of 176 degrees— hot enough to kill salmonella and sanitize an egg. So I guess if God could create a worm like the Pompeii, it shouldn't be too difficult for Him to create worms that like it even warmer.

Acts 12:21-23 records a Herod's death by skolex of the infectious parasitic type. The biblical record goes right to the bottom line without any details, but according to an article I read in a back issue of Biblical Archaeology Review, Herod didn't die immediately as the Bible's narrative seems to suggest, but rather, suffered with the malady quite a while. The worms were located mostly in his private parts (which may have included the prostate) and were so painful at times that he couldn't walk and/or conduct state business. I leave it to your imagination as to where those worms might infect the women who end up in Gehenna.

C.L.I.F.F.
    /

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I wasn't drinking when I read it!!! Oh my stars!!! :laugh:

14. Webers_Home

Webers_Home New Member

PopClock Update (03)

Since beginning the topic on July 26, 2010, 7 days have elapsed.

Using the original factor of 2,260 adult-age Americans transferring to perdition per each 24-hour civil day, suggests that 15,820 adult-age Americans have passed through the gates of the current Hell just since beginning the topic.

The world-wide total, based upon the original factor of 49,752 condemned souls per 24-hour civil day, suggests 348,264 total arrivals in perdition since beginning the topic . . . and the clock is still ticking.

Hell validates Christianity. Yes; in point of fact, it's essential that people go to Hell for that very reason. It is also essential that everyone who practices Islam go to Hell too because according to Christ's testimony as an expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife, salvation is of his people; not Muhammad's.

†. John 4:22 . . You Samaritans know so little about the one you worship, while we know all about Him; for salvation comes through the people of Israel.

C.L.I.F.F.
    /

15. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I thought I was alone, and here I get caught just reading the CLIFF notes instead of the whole book. :tongue3:

It's true what they say...it just ain't the same!

Look. You made me post again. STOP THAT! I was being SO good and biting my keyboard until now...

16. Webers_Home

Webers_Home New Member

PopClock Update (04)

Since beginning the topic on July 26, 2010, 9 days have elapsed.

Using the original factor of 2,260 adult-age Americans transferring to perdition per each 24-hour civil day, suggests that 20,340 adult-age Americans have passed through the gates of the current Hell just since beginning the topic.

The world-wide total, based upon the original factor of 49,752 condemned souls per 24-hour civil day, suggests 447,768 total arrivals in perdition since beginning the topic . . . and the clock is still ticking.

Are the inmates in Hades up to date on current events? Of course. With 49,752 new arrivals every day on the calendar; they know everything; even that Bristol Palin broke off her engagement to Levi Johnston. New travels fast in Hell; it's all they have anymore.

†. Ecc 9:10 . .Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the netherworld where you are going.

C.L.I.F.F.
    /

17. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Sweet mercy.