1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HELP DEPORT ILLEGAL ALIENS!

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jul 19, 2003.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

ISSUE: Our boys on the border need some help enforcing the immigration laws of the United States -- and some in Congress are prepared to give them that help, from our boys in blue.

U.S. Rep. Charlie Norwood (R-GA) has introduced a bill that addresses the growing U.S. criminal alien crisis by allowing the over 600,000 state and local law enforcement officials in the field to enforce immigration laws during the course of exercising their regular duties.

The bipartisan bill, entitled the "Clear Law Enforcement for criminal Alien Removal Act of 2003" (or CLEAR Act - H.R. 2671) brings clarity and coordination to our national immigration system and support and relief to the roughly
    2,000 Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (BICE) agents charged with enforcing immigration laws on the books.

There are upwards of 400,000 individuals who have received final deportation orders that are hiding in our communities. Their appeals have run out, and the orders tell them, "it's time to go." But the out-manned Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement can't find them! What's worse, 80,000 of those people have criminal
    convictions. They were in the hands of law enforcement, but were released back onto the streets. "Can you imagine opening the doors of our prisons and letting 80,000 criminals run back into the streets?" asked Rep. Norwood. "That's exactly what's happened with these 80,000
    criminals."

Today's broken enforcement system has left our state and local law enforcement community increasingly unclear on whether they hold the jurisdictional power to enforce our federal immigration laws. The CLEAR Act clarifies
    that our state and local officers have the inherent authority to arrest and detain criminal and illegal aliens during the normal course of their duty. Additionally, the bill provides these officers with the appropriate funding and training to adequately enforce the immigration laws, and full access to a new National Crime Information Center (NCIC) database containing the records of any and all violators of
    immigration law.

The CLEAR Act also creates a new system for BICE to take custody, process, and remove illegal aliens. Additionally, it produces a system of accountability by requiring the federal government to either take custody of illegal aliens or else pay the locality to detain the aliens.

ACTION ITEM: Right now if a local officer in your hometown, during the normal course of his or her duty, pulls over a car for speeding, with someone who is illegally in our country, they have to call BICE, verify their status, and wait until someone from BICE comes to pick them up. Sometimes they have to wait for hours on the roadside for the pickup to arrive. But most of the time BICE says they're too busy to come by -- telling the police to let the lawbreakers go. As Rep. Norwood says, "That is as wrong as the day is long and it's high time we fixed it."

This bill, with 43 co-sponsors, has been referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary; it needs OUR help to get it out on the floor for a vote. Go to our site below to send your Congressman a FREE message, asking him or her to support H.R. 2671, the "CLEAR Act":

CLICK HERE TO SEND MESSAGE

SOURCE

2. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Bear in mind that God loves "illegal aliens" as much as He loves you and I. Some of these people have literally nothing to go back to. Im not saying that what they are doing is right, yet I am sure that many of us if placed in circumstances where we were subject to poverty or in fear of our lives would do exactly the same.

Luke 16:19-25 "There was a certain rich man Jesus said, who was splendidly clothed and lived every day in mirth and luxury. One day Lazuras a diseased begger was laid at his door. As he lay there longing for scraps from the rich mans table, the dogs would come and lick his open sores. Finally the begger died and was carried by the angels to be with Abraham in the place of the righteous dead. The rich man also died and was buried, and his soul went into hell. There in torment he saw Lazarus in the far distance with Abraham. Father Abraham, he shouted have some pity! send Lazurus over here if only to dip his finger in water and cool my tounge, for I am in anguish in these flames. But Abraham said to him, Son, remember that during your lifetime you had everything you wanted, and Lazarus had nothing. So now he is here being comforted and you are in anguish.

Lets be very carefull how we treat those that are in the position of Lazurus that ask our help.