1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Help Find the Next Richard Land

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jerome, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The SBC's political wing, the ERLC, is soliciting feedback regarding who should replace its disgraced president, Richard Land:

http://erlc.com/presidentialsearch/

Any suggestions?

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

My recommendation: shut it down.

The ERLC has become a distraction for Southern Baptists and has allied our convention to one political party. It's time to shut it down, reappropriate the assets, and use its budget money to plant and revitalize churches across the world.

3. 12strings

12strings Active Member

I agree, here's their Vision:

Since this is never going to happen...well...

And we could designate the money to the IMB [3.236 million dollars per year (1.65% of CP gifts)]
    (this amount is quoted here: http://sbcvoices.com/a-great-commission-suggestion-pink-slip-the-erlc/ I have no idea if it is acurate or not.)

#3 12strings, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
  4. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

That money would do well in supporting rural churches that do not have the resources of a churches in more populated areas. I know of an Evangelical Free church here that is doing that with a small church about 15 miles from town. I know some people think, "well they can just drive to town". That is not always wise during the winter and makes it harder on families that need to be close to home to deal with calving, harvest, etc. Not to mention when we make it harder for people to fellowship together they will simply choose to stay home.