1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Help me with your definition of "cult"

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by PeruSeminary Pastor Enoc, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Ronald

Ronald New Member

Greg

I think there is a slight misunderstanding here. One does not need anything other than faith in Christ to be saved. It is not salvation by faith + whatever=Salvation, but rather faith in Christ + nothing else, for salvation. See Eph 2:8-9 and Rom 3:26, John 3:16, Acts 16:31

Christian baptism, as well as partaking of the Lord's Supper are VERY important. But these things are NOT for the sinner but for the saved, born again believer. They are acts of of participation of the Christian who already has been placed in Christ. For example when a believer is baptized, he FIGURATIVELY is buried and is raised with Christ. Rom 6:3-4. When one receives the hosts at the Lord's supper he in symbol receives the flesh and blood of Christ. He also REMEMBERS what Christ has done for him as well.

One must become a MEMBER of the church FIRST before one can be baptized and receive communion. For you see when one is "born again" one IS placed into the body or church of Christ AUTOMATICALLY.See I Cor 12:13. In all fairness, some Baptist brethren feel Rom 6:3-4 is speaking of spirit baptism as well, rather than water baptism.

Yes, one NEEDS the church, because one becomes a PART of the church and so is suppose to grow WITH the church that that person has been placed in. Do not confuse what is necessary in BECOMING a Christian, with what is necessary in being an active part in the church one is placed into.

2. atestring

atestring New Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAANNNNN! Ronald.
    Some people are more proud of their church affiliation than they are of Jesus.

3. proofseeker

proofseeker New Member

Actually, Janet Reno had never made such a statement. This is an URBAN LEGEND (her definition of a cultist) and has been circulating around the Internet for quite some time. There is a false prophet going around laying claims to have WITNESSED Janet Reno on the LARRY KING LIVE SHOW. His name is Benjamin Baruch. It seems this guy is the ONLY witness to have heard her define a "cult" out of millions of viewers. As much as I don't care for Reno and her political stand, It is wrong to assume that Reno made such a statement. It has been proven to be a hoax.

4. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please, Proofseeker, I know you are new here, but please don't don't confuse us with facts. Where would that lead?