1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Help please - "blue screen" errors in my pc

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Aki, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Aki

Aki Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    i have a windows ME installer with some other programs and games. i've been using them for more that a year in a Pentium III 500 MHz pc with no problems.

recently i bought a more up-date-pc (Athlon 1800 in an ASUS motherboard), and used the same OS and programs as in my previous one. the installation is fine, yet upon using Windows sooner or later there will come to this blue screen with the message:

"Exception 06 has occured at 0028: etc, etc.."

reinstalling the OS does not help. a change in the RAM was made, but the same problem occurs afterwards.

i fear that it is in the motherboard that the problem lies, since the same OS and programs that i use in my previous pc works well. but i sure hope it's not, for it costs a dear lot!

any suggestions?

2. David Mark

David Mark New Member

Error Message: A Fatal Exception 06 Has Occurred at...

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=190123

The article above mentions McAfee and recommends disabling it to see if it is causing a problem.

What Are Fatal Exception Errors

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=150314
    My comments:

This is only one example of a third party application behaving badly. You may consider uninstalling any third party applications or maybe checking to see if there are any updated and specific ME drivers for your hardware (if they exist).

Consider just installing the OS and nothing else and see if the OS will run long enough with out any Fatal 06 errors. Then add your applications one at a time. I know that is not any fun, but neither is a Fatal 06 Exception.

Dave