1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Help, please...mods and techies....

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by pinoybaptist, Feb 16, 2014.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I follow all the instructions on attaching a file and/or inserting an image.
    I shrank my images to less than the specified dimensions, used the recommended link for the reply and no matter what I do, I still get "upload failed".
    I went to my image folder in Baptist Board and copied the resulting url when I clicked on the image I want to upload, and still get "upload failed".
    will somebody tell me what's going on ?
    thanks.
    truly, fully appreciated.
    FWIW, I am using google chrome (though I don't think that is relevant).

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

You would probably do better to get a photo host like Photobucket.

http://photobucket.com/

Once you sign up and have an account there, you have to Upload photos from your computer to Photobucket. So, if you see a photo online you like, right click on it and "Save image as..." to your computer. This should save the photo in a folder called My Pictures.

Now that the image is saved in My Pictures on your computer, click on Upload at Photobucket. It should open up your My Pictures folder. Click on the photo you want to upload and click on Open at the bottom right. It will take a few moments, but you will see the photo upload to Photobucket. Now go to "My Library" at Photobucket and you will see the photo you just uploaded from your computer.

Click on whichever photo you wish to show here at BB. You will see a menu, click on "Get Links". This will give you a list of links, choose the bottom one and right click on it. You want to "Copy" this link.

Come here and Paste that link at BB, the photo will show up in your thread.

If a photo is very large, click on "Edit" on any photo at Photobucket and you will be able to resize it, or crop it, or do any number of edits like remove red eye, etc...

I hope I haven't made this sound complicated, because it is not. Once you get used to uploading photos from your computer, you just copy that bottom link at Photobucket and paste it here. Super easy.

[​IMG]

#2 Winman, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2014
  3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can upload images right here on BB in the tool bar at the top of the page under community>Pictures and Albums

4. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know that, and I've done that.
    I have a few pictures in some albums.
    but what I've been trying to do is to insert pictures/images in posts.
    the instructions give the dimensions and the size, and I trim the images down accordingly.
    then it says to use either the 'insert images' at the top near the 'smiley' link or the 'manage attachments' at the 'attach files' tab within the 'additional options' section.
    I do that.
    I try to upload from my computer, or point to my album using the url that I get when I select the image I want to use.
    Nothing works.
    I get "upload failed' all the time.
    I don't think I'm doing this wrong, but who know ?
    thanks for the reply.

5. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    man, this sounds as complicated as Arminianism. :laugh:
    chuck that, winman, just joking.
    thanks, I'll try it.
    see what gives.