1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Help with a bad problems

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by msaliceknotts, Jun 22, 2005.

1. msaliceknotts

msaliceknotts New Member

Dear Brother or Sister in Christ,

I don't mean to bother you but I'm just doing all I can to get something done about a terrible thing that the Lord has let me see. I feel like I’ve got to do something. If you can't do anything, I'm sorry to trouble you. I don’t know what I can do but keep trying. Maybe you could help me by forewarding this letter to someone who could help.
    My only granddaughter, Nancy, is going to Kansas State University up in Manhattan. Her mother got me a computer and put me on the internet so that we could do email. I don’t go on the web. I stumbled into some awfully bad nakedness sights and asked the Lord for forgiveness and got right out of there. I hardly ever use the thing except for mail.
    But when Nancy came by after her first semister in college, she said she just had to show me something. She said it had changed her life and would change mine too. I didn’t know what to think. Then she took me to this sight where there are a bunch of lies straight from the mouth of hell!
    It’s the writings and other stuff of a man who’s family died and who went on to write a bunch of trash about magick and Buddhism and about Christianity not being true before he died. I mean I’m sorry about his family. But what his words have done to my little granddaughter keep me from loving him. His words have lured my little Nancy away from the Lord and if anybody’s in hell I think this Dr. Evangelos should be, if he was really even a doctor! My little Nancy was raised a Bible believer! We’ve got to do something to protect our children and grandchildren and get this man’s lies off the internet!
    After she showed me the terrible sight, she bookmarked it for me. I told her I wouldn’t be going back. But I’m glad she did. I wrote it down. I’ll put it here and please you go see for yourself how big a liar against God he is and help me do something to stop young people from being turned away from God by this horrible man’s lies. My Nancy just won’t listen to reason! He doesn’t just try to get young people to sin it tries to get them to disbelieve! And my Nancy says its all the rage with colleges all over the country! God help us.
    Its at <web address removed> . Please see for yourself what my poor granddaughter is mixed up in. I don’t know what to do beside pray and I’m doing a lot of that! Help me do something about it before it decieves any more of our poor lost young people!

Thank you,

Alice Knotts

“We know that we are of God, and the whole
    world lies under the sway of the wicked one.”
    First John 5:19

[ June 23, 2005, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: C4K ]

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Alice, I was visitor number 14 and 15 to that site. I read a little and had seen some of it before. It's almost a suicide 'pact'. I won't read further and am not sure we should even leave the link available.

Diane

3. dale kesterson

dale kesterson New Member

I agree with Diane. I believe the link should be removed from this thread because we have young and new Christians here.

4. kendemyer

kendemyer New Member

I went to the site. It had creepy graphics.

5. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "It's almost a suicide 'pact'."

If this is true, email your local police department immediately.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

It's all the rage in collages,,, but I was visitor 33. Not that popular, yet, is it.

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

I googled the Dr Dominik Evangelos, I found a bunch of Dominiks, and some Evangelos'. But No Dr.Dominik Evangelos. So with only 33 hits and can't find him on the web, how are so many collage students reading it on the web?
    I'm having trouble with this.

8. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

You can reset hit counts.

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

Yah, but why if it were that high? Wouldn't a big number support the claims.

10. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

I don't mean to sound overly skeptical, and if my skeptism upsets anyone, please let me know.

The "view source" for the page shows that the pictures are named this way:
    http://evangelos.org/members5/knotbutton3.gif
    http://evangelos.org/members5/knotbutton1.gif

The post came from msaliceknotts

Grandma's don't usually go by MS

A search on the web for Alice Knotts comes up with http://www.umaffirm.org/soc/AKnotts.html

And the hit count is awfully low for this to be something a college student stumbled on.

11. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A couple of suicide pact sites were closed down a couple months ago and several women were preparing to travel to the same destination to commit mass suicide.

call the police and let them worry about it.

12. Pete

Pete New Member

hmmmmmmmm....It's obvious some parts of history are not the writer's/writers' strong point, the numerous Constantine stories on the pages I read being prime examples...A look through early Church history would easily refute those sections of the site.

Gnostic writings mentioned more than once, whether or not that is the site's angle is anyone's guess.

Site's statements about those who claim to be Christian but are anything but are fair enough, however the argument that they represent the majority just shows the site's writer/s don't get out very much ;) Whenever a batch of fake $100 notes are around it always makes the news...Fake anything gets the publicity, doesn't mean it's the majority [​IMG]

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I am closing this thread. It has nothing to do with Fundemental Baptists.