1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Help

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by John3v36, Apr 24, 2006.

1. John3v36

John3v36 New Member

I was hoping for some help here. I have a friend who seems to be pulling away from God and the Church. His other friend is trying to help him. I was asked for help but before I reply to my friend I was hoping for some advise I’m not here to debate But I would like to post the letter my friend sent and ask how you would reply?
    ----------------------------------
    Roger once again asks a already answered question:

Tell me Lee how can you worship the Being in the book if you do not believe the book?

How many ways Can I Possibly Say What I believe, so that you Understand what I believe, and do not try to view it from what you believe which I DON"T Belive.

Does anybody think they understand what I thought I said? :)

These are the answerS Roger:

1. God speaks to US all who believe through our spirit. Bet there has been more than one time that you said God moved you to do one thing or the other. The author's of the bible did not have a fireside chat with the supreme being! They also received the urge inside their spirit, which they phrased as "God Said". Not GOD SAID in the LITERAL, God said in the heart/spirit/mind.

2. The authors were Inspired to write, not acting as stenographers.

3. The authors were FAR REMOVED by 100s even 1000s of years from the Subject People in the accounts.

4. The authors were limited to the knowledge of THEIR day. In our day, a 3rd grader most likely is a superior intellect, and more worldly knowledable than they.

5. People cannot seperate themselves from the aspect of the world as THEY understand it.

6. God speaks in ways that transcends time, or better put, in ways that has truth for all generations, based on their knowledge of the world in which THEY live in.

7. The history of Mankind is repleat with examples of misconceptions made by the church, based on looking at scriptures with their predecessors thinking.

8. Nothing I believe violates that God is central to the whole of everything, nor that Jesus was God manifest in the flesh to save us from eternal death.

9. The scientific evidence today that challenges the church is no different than the scientific that challenged the church and WON all those times before...before you ask what

Left at..."before you ask what am I speaking of"

And continuing item 9 of my message FOR you...

a. The earth is not stationary in the heavens.

b. The earth is not the center of the solar system

c. Some of those lights ain't stars, they are PLANETS

d. God is not possible of tiring (Genesis 2:2)

e. Light existed prior to the Genesis account of the Sun, Moon and Stars being placed in the heavens, yet DAY one has a morning and evening.

f. Evening and Morning do not make a day, Evening to Evening or Morning to Morning DOES!

10. God is speaking to us today on our frequency, not on the channels meant for 6000 B.C.

11. That same book says that interpretations will become more clear with each generation. Probably because new knowledge will shed new light on em...HUH?

12. I have not Questioned GOD at all, NO I BEG TO DIFFER. I am questioning YOU, and every other HUMAN whom has, does now, or ever will say that the answers back then, are the answers today. BECAUSE, I might as well turn my spirit off altogether if GOD Doesn't reveal new interpretations based on newly acquired knowledge (Worldly that is). If what they believed back then were true...the SUN would be in the third orbit of the Earth, not visa versa...like it IS.

13. And the GRAND POO BAH of em all....I ASKED GOD to help me understand it better, and GOD answered my prayer.

You can keep believing in the past all you want...have at it. And for the next few generations at least you may keep a fairly large number of folks that believe just like you do, because they are afraid to ASK GOD for fear that it is QUESTIONING HIM. In your subject title of course, Questioning really meant doubting.

You DON'T have to DOUBT to ask for understanding...now DO YOU? Please never suggest that I doubt GOD again....That is between me and God, not me and Roger! thanks in advance.

2. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Brother, I think from the overall tone of his writing that he is already decided what he is going to do. Pulling away from the church is outwardly displaying that he has already pulled away in his heart. He is justifying what he intends to do with 'rational' arguments.

I don't think it is ever easy to watch a friend or loved one backslide. But sometimes it is what a person has to go through to come to the place God wants them to be. As a friend, the best help you can offer him is your prayers. But don't allow yourself to continue to offer fellowship to a believer who is outside of the will of God. Let him know that whatever he does, you will be praying for him, but you can't hang around with a believer who is unwilling to submit to the word of God.

3. Petrel

Petrel New Member

Did you ask your friend's permission to post this here? If not, then you shouldn't have.

4. John3v36

John3v36 New Member

Yes

5. John3v36

John3v36 New Member

I understand what you are saying however my friend would like to give Him one Good reply.
    Not a let me one up you. But a thought provoking prayful reply. Because Jesus said if you brother sin go to him. Also in Titus 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; 11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

So if He is only going to get one more try He wanted to get help to make it a good rely.

Proverbs 11:14
    Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

6. genesis12

genesis12 Member

John 1:11, John 3:16-17, John 14:6, Romans 10:8-13.

Our assignment is not to belabor our witness, but to go, baptize, teach. If he is already a Christian, then he doesn't want to be taught at the moment. You don't need to run after him. You need to let YOUR light shine anytime you are in his presence, or when you talk to others about him.

God's blessings upon your concern for a brother in Christ!

7. MRCoon

MRCoon New Member

Does your friend discredit History? Yet he seems to discredit the Bible and the knowledge of the Bible because their times were different. Am I smarter than my grandparents because we in modern times have computers and spacewalk? Are they idiots now because they never had television? Do I discredit everything my Grandparents ever say to me because I'm smarter than they and what they say is not applicible?

It seems to me that your friend maybe uffering from too much head knowledge and not enough heart knowledge. And it can be futile to argue with one like this...I would respond with a "I'm praying for us and our friendship and our Christian walks. That whoever is wrong will be set right through God's communication to us...the Bible. The Spirit was sent to be a Comforter not a taskmaster or teacher or communicator between God and Man...that was saved for Jesus alone."

So a simple prayer is the only comment that can be made and not quench the Spirit or the friendly relationship. I believe as Christian sometimes we need to be ready to make enemies to defend what is right...sometimes we are to politically correct to not make anyone mad and Jesus shows us that their is a righteous indignation that should/can be shown and will save a soul later but when it comes to a fellow believer I think grace and forgiveness is more what Christ expects of us instead of anger. A kind word turneth away wrath...slow to anger quick to forgive...intercessory prayers...not judgement or compromise but balance.

8. John3v36

John3v36 New Member

Thank MRCoon and all others also y'all where a great help. But I still feel they has been some missunderstanding. They is no Anger or hatred but love for this person.
    We just wanted to give one good biblical reply before dropping the topic. Because we both believe that God word is sharper than any two edge sword. So not to argue but to give him something to thing about.