1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Help!

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Scarlett O., May 5, 2009.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Help! Help! My 6th graders are studying about the history of the Bible.

Will someone please post John 3:16 in it's early English forms......as I cannot find it and I am in the middle of teaching and cannot stop to cruise the net.

Thanks

Scarlett O. and her 6th graders

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Wycliff Bible

John 3:16
    For God louede so the world, that he yaf his `oon bigetun sone, that ech man that bileueth in him perische not, but haue euerlastynge lijf.

Bishops

For God so loued the worlde, that he gaue his only begotten sonne, that whosoeuer beleueth in hym, shoulde not perishe, but haue euerlastyng lyfe.

Tyndale's New Testament

For} God so loved{loveth} the world, that he gave{hath given} his only son for the intent, that none that believe in him, should perish: But should have everlasting life.

#2 Amy.G, May 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2009
  3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Others:

"For God so loued the worlde, that he gaue his onely sonne, that who so euer beleueth in hi, shulde not perishe, but haue euerlastinge life." (MCB - 1535)

"For God so loued the worlde, that hee hath giuen his onely begotten Sonne, that whosoeuer beleeueth in him, should not perish, but haue euerlasting life." (GEN- 1587)

"For God so loved the world, as to give his only begotten Son: that whosoever believeth in him may not perish, but may have life everlasting." [RHE - 1582 (or D-R - 1610)]

"For God ʃo loued ye world, that he gaue his only begotten ʃonne: that whoʃoeuer beleeueth in him, ʃhould not periʃh, but haue euerlaʃting life." (KJ-1611)

Note that all these (except the KJ-1611, which I edited, as much as was possible on short notice) still have updated letter forms including the absence of the "long 's'" and the D-R is also that of updated spelling, even as I copied them, here.

Ed

#3 EdSutton, May 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2009
  4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!:flower::flower:

5. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

Although we all have time to login and post on the Baptist Board.:thumbs: