1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helping autistic man, black therapist shot by Florida police: media

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The story leaves out the part where the man who was shot asked the police officer why he shot him and the officer says "I don't know".

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ands-up-as-he-tries-to-help-autistic-patient/

“When he shot me, it was so surprising,” he said. “It was like a mosquito bite, and when it hit me, I’m like, I still got my hands in the air, and I said, ‘No, I just got shot.'”

“Sir, why did you shoot me?” Kinsey recalled asking the officer.

“He said, ‘I don’t know.’ ”

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Thanks CTB.:)

4. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

Obviously, the police thought the fat boy was armed, dangerous, and uncooperative.

Conclusion: A cop attempted to shoot an unarmed white man, but missed.

But, please, don't anyone let reason get in their way of their racism. The cops shot the black man because he was black. Any cracker cop would do the same thing. #BlackLivesMatter.

Police shoot shoot twice as many whites, but blacks commit more crimes.

5. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://2kpcwh2r7phz1nq4jj237m22.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/NCFS-Table.jpg

#5 Crabtownboy, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  6. OnlyaSinner

OnlyaSinner Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another opportunity for (mis)using accurate statistics to prove one's point. Whiles commit nearly twice as many offenses as do blacks. Given the difference in population, blacks commit offenses at about twice the rate of whites, on a per-person basis. (Still a tiny fraction of the population.) How much of this latter discrepancy would disappear when corrected for demographics like poverty level and education I don't know, but it must be significant.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What yall keep seeming to neglect is that people aren't really complaining about the rate at which folks are shot and killed. The complaints have been over the why? WHy are folks being killed over nothing? Why are unarmed folks being killed over nothing?

Why does someone get pulled over for a taillight and end up dead?

How does a kid go to the park to play and end up dead?

For sure there are some of you who will try to explain all of the crazy killings away, and make up every excuse for the officers who have done so.

But there is a real problem with policing in this country. And even when there's video showing police misconduct, there is still a demographic who proclaims the police were right.

8. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

According to the FBI in 2012, offenders:
    Murder and nonnegligent manslaughter white 4,101 black 4,203
    Forcible rape white 9,027 black 4,512
    Robbery white 34,761 black 44,002

I guess it depends on what you count as violent crime. Your chart doesn't count murder. Go figure.

The relatively minor crimes are what puts whites far ahead in your chart. Your chart is victim-focused, not offender focused, so you have to do some math to come up with the number offenders by race.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

11. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do the shooters who shot the cops in Dallas and baton rouge KNOW why they shot who they did? (Answering you in the fashion you answer.)

12. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

Shooting Kinsey was an accident. Shooting the cops in Dallas was terrorism.

13. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

14. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep.

15. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can everything be done right and an innocent man be shot by a policeman who intended to shoot another man who had a toy truck in his hand? Kinsey explained who the other man was and that he was helping him and the police shot him anyway. Even if the shot was accidental there is no excuse for this. It gives license for a policeman to shoot anyone and simply say, "Oh, I thought he had a gun and made a mistake." The mistake is made, the excuse is given and then the Blue Wall of Silence takes over.

16. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

You're mistaken. I was talking about the video in the post I quoted.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

17. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

Re: Dylan Noble

The cops might have been enough within textbook to avoid punishment, but they didn't do everything right. They murdered an unarmed boy.

They shot someone when they didn't even see a gun, let alone have one pointed at them. They shot someone he did nothing to invite police attention, not even a broken tail light. They shot someone even though they saw his hands clear enough to see that he didn't have a gun in his hands. At worst, he just might have had an object in his one hand that he could have thrown at them (but, even that didn't turn out to be the case).

It really goes beyond the pale is that they shot him multiple times, after he was already shot and dropped to the ground. And, still they didn't see a gun, because the boy didn't have a gun. That is murder. How could they have reasonably thought they were in danger by a severally wounded boy, who never presented a gun, and who couldn't even look in their direction? And, his hands were on top of him, where the police could see them.

If Noble were white, these cops would never work as police again and they'd be dragged to court (where they would probably be acquitted, but still). And, Nobel's name would be carried on signs at every BLM march.

#17 Smyth, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  18. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Statistics can be used in many ways. For example, from 1 Jan 2015 to 10 July 2016 there were 1,502 people shot and killed by on duty police officers. Of these, 732 were white, 381 were black, and 382 were another race. More white people are killed by police.

But percentage wise, whites make up 62% of the population (and 49% of those killed by police officers) while blacks make up 13%. (and 24% of those fatally shot). If you think in racial terms, then blacks are over twice as likely to be shot by the police. If you think in human terms, then almost twice as many killed have been white.

(stats from Washington Post study and article : https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-by-police-yes-but-no/?utm_term=.e92753d6dc9e)

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dylan Noble died of terminal stupidity.

20. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

Dylan Noble was shot the first time for his stupidity. He was shot the last time because of police brutality.

Noble and the black therapist of in the topic were both shot because the police were shooting at unarmed white men who committed no crimes. The blacks that BLM is screaming about, claiming were shot for being black, had guns and committed crimes.

#20 Smyth, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016