1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

here are just a few questions

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by massdak, Dec 28, 2002.

1. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Thank you for making that point. One could argue that the choice is not between heaven and hell but whether or not to believe. But does anyone actually believe anything of their own free will? As I asked once before, how can you choose to believe that your left sock gives you eternal life?

Absolutely. And your first point almost makes this comical. If God informs everyone of their spiritual condition and the consequences, can you imagine what that implies about the "choice" of the damned? "Sure, I knew that I could have accepted forgiveness and lived in eternal bliss, but I truly wanted to be tortured in the lake of fire for eternity, so I chose that of my own free will, and I take full credit and responsibility for my preference."

2. Sularis

Sularis Member

As to your questions charlie

Question 1: several reasons - pride - shame
    We all have sinned and done deeds in the dark - when the light of Christ comes - not everyone is willing to throw off their darkness after all their darkness is nowhere near as bad as that guy down the street who cheats on their taxes - No one wants to admit their own sins - dark loves dark despite the light

Question 2: If you dont claim salvation - God isnt going to force you to be saved - Hes paid the price - Hes going out of the way to call and draw all mankind into accepting that great gift.

Let me use another example for you

Ive paid for your airline tickets to oh lets say the BaptistBoard conference - if one ever happens [​IMG] - the point is if you dont claim the ticket - it doesnt matter that Ive paid for it - you dont claim it - you dont use it - it is as good as non-existent

Question 3: Are you perfect now - Of course not - the death of Jesus - instituted a program whereby mankind and all creation can be redeemed - since creation still groans in pain - and will not be redeemed, until His plan is complete

Question 4: - No, is screaming for help when yer drowning - somthing ot boast about - would the next days headlines read --- Man screams loudly, gets himself saved --- Good that you believe - the demons believe and they tremble - but what makes us different - what makes our faith - saving faith

Simple works - but then that goes against no boasting - so what counts as a work - but isnt worth boasting about - lets go back to the drowning man example - there are a few things there

1 - You must admit you are in trouble
    2 - You must admit you need help
    3 - You must believe that help can help you4 - You must act to get help

Lets take that into Christian mode

1 - You must admit that you are a sinner
    2 - You must admit that you need forgiveness
    3 - You must believe that Jesus can forgive you
    4 - You must ask Jesus for forgiveness

Simply put confessing-repenting is a work - but not something to boast about

Saints do not perservere - we are preserved

We are not pure and holy - we are working on that

Simple because we entered into a contract Jesus never breaks his end so thus no can get out of His hand - but in theory if someone could - the Judge is the Father - and guess which way Hes going to rule

Im really surprised - to a certain extent I can understand yer viewpoint - Im surprised you cant make the leap and partially understand mine

3. Charlie T

Charlie T New Member

4. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

It seems to me that the work of salvation is the spiritual persuasion of man, else God's plan of salvation would include Satans legions too!

It is before the Judgement Throne of God where the sheep are separated from the goats, and where it is man's spiritual condition that determines whether man is a sheep or a goat.

At that point, all of man's works will have been tested as if in fire. Those works that survive the test are laid at the feet of Jesus. Then every man proceeds to the Judgment. Those who are goats are cast into the lake of fire with Satan and his legions, those who are sheep are preserved by and for Jesus. So, what is the difference between a sheep and a goat? Spiritual persuasion! "Believer and doer of the Word (good)" marks the sheep! "Unbeliever, and doer of evil" marks the goat. (Its better to be a sheep)

5. Charlie T

Charlie T New Member

I asked you this in another thread, but what is this "persuasion" you are speaking of?

Who persuades? And what is its intended effect?

6. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

I scored at 16 and I am not an arminian. Recalibrate the test!!!

7. Charlie T

Charlie T New Member

Pete, don't feel bad. I scored 18, and I am a five pointer!

8. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

Persuasion, is the state or condition of our spiritual conviction. While we are sinners we may become persuaded to believe the word of God, and thus believe in Jesus. While we have a Christian persuasion, we may be further persuaded or our persuasion be strengthened by becoming aware of additional knowledge or the evidence of additional knowledge.

I am almost persuaded, almost convinced, on the edge of conviction, or totally convicted. I am not in flux, I am not wavering, etc. All dealing with persuasion and stages thereof.