1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Here is a Bible Version we can do without!

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Mexdeaf, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I must admit, I'm not completely opposed to translating "baptize" as "dip," but everything else...yikes!

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    At least it got the "dipping" part right.

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "Good As New" has been out for about 2 years, and is indeed a piece of junk, to put it mildly.

5. Pete

Pete New Member

Whatever that is, it sure aint a Bible... :eek: :mad:

6. Rev. Lowery

Rev. Lowery New Member

I am going to make a point here.......

Why is this not Scripture A.K.A The Bible ?

If MV's are scripture why is this one not, its doing the same thing all other MV's do, translating, and yet they are called scripture but this one is no good ?

What standard are we using ?

My sarcasm may not come across in this post so I will tell you I am being sarcastic but I would like an answer please, an honest answer thank you.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

What makes any translation a Bible Rev Lowery?

Why can we determine that one translation is valid and all the rest are not?

If the KJV is scripture why is this one not, its doing the same thing the KJV did, translating, and yet it is called scripture but this one is no good ?

What standard are we using ?

The book above is not even an attempt at faitful translation as admitted by its author.

8. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Rev. Lowery asked:

Why is this not Scripture A.K.A The Bible ?

Because as a translation, its quality is garbage.

Why do so many KJV-onlyists seem to think that if you reject the KJV alone as God's perfect and preserved yada yada yada, you're open to believing all other Bibles are of equal quality?

9. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quality and philosophy as pointed out. Also, the KJV is a translation as well. God didn't inspire it. It was the work of some great nonetheless fallible Anglican scholars.

The known rules of Greek to English translation, the evidence for the Bible in the original language mss and texts, and the statements of the authors of this thing.

Further, if you take the KJV, NKJV, NASB, ESV, and other faithful versions and compare them to this one, you will find the witnesses you need against it.

The amazing thing to me about KJVO's is that they can miss God's amazing providence in providing us with various translations that teach the exact same truths. In as much as they were made independently, they provide the best witness of each other's accuracy that we could ask for.

10. william s. correa

william s. correa New Member

It has the same value as if DD, TCassidy, and all the Mv's put together with codex sinaticus including the gospel of Judas all wrapped in one big tamale just as it were and had been written bythemselves with their own version! [​IMG] The DTMJ Version! Amen!

11. rbell

rbell Active Member

Still waiting for Mr. Correa to make a post that doesn't attack other versions, or other posters...

12. william s. correa

"Further, if you take the , NKJV, NASB, ESV, and other faithful versions and compare them to this one, you will find the witnesses you need against it". Who said they Are faithful?

13. rbell

rbell Active Member

"Comparison" may yield differences; it does not establish the superiority of one text; it simply shows what texts differ.

I always enjoy your posts, William. They give my mind a rest.

14. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Modern versions welcome this new one because it adds to modern versions.

Add RSV,

Add NASV

Add NIV,

And NKJV,

Add "God as New" version,

Add incoming new modern version,

Add incoming MORE versions,

And more.... :eek:

15. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Askjo, would you care to translate that into something others can follow? Or can it be translated into something others can folllow?

16. william s. correa

I just wanted to ask you, Is your call name supposed to be R. BELL or short for REBEL? just a Question dont shut down the thread or crucify me!

17. rbell

rbell Active Member

I just wanted to ask you, Is your call name supposed to be R. BELL or short for REBEL? just a Question dont shut down the thread or crucify me! </font>[/QUOTE]William, the answer is...sure!

I do "rebel" sometimes...if you define that as "going against the norm." But my goal is to avoid rebelling against God or His plan for me.

And I'm probably a bit different (weirder?) than some...there's a whole bunch of stuff that can cause stress. Not much on the BB gets me uptight. I might laugh a bunch, or shake my head...but I don't need the hammer, wood, and spikes. It's all good 'round these parts.

But as the culture I deal with becomes less and less biblically literate over time, I continue to search for translations that are faithful yet readable. I constantly pray for discernment, and am a country mile from being one who will offer a blanket endorsement of all MV's.

18. Rev. Lowery

Rev. Lowery New Member

OK heres my question if we dont have a complete 100% absolute Word of God then what do you have 99% of Gods Word ? 99% of God is not 100% God, which is the only God I know. 100% God, all God all the time. If we say we dont have 100% Gods word we are absolutely 100% calling God a liar.
    Its either all or none. I dont serve a God of error and fallibility. If you do then you are not serving the True God your serving a God of your own creation just as all MV's do. They serve there own purpose's and not that of Gods.

I will proudly say that the KJV 1611 is Gods 100% inerrant word perfect and without flaw.

Why? Because my God never makes mistakes period.

19. william s. correa

I just wanted to ask you, Is your call name supposed to be R. BELL or short for REBEL? just a Question dont shut down the thread or crucify me! </font>[/QUOTE]William, the answer is...sure!

I do "rebel" sometimes...if you define that as "going against the norm." But my goal is to avoid rebelling against God or His plan for me.

And I'm probably a bit different (weirder?) than some...there's a whole bunch of stuff that can cause stress. Not much on the BB gets me uptight. I might laugh a bunch, or shake my head...but I don't need the hammer, wood, and spikes. It's all good 'round these parts.

But as the culture I deal with becomes less and less biblically literate over time, I continue to search for translations that are faithful yet readable. I constantly pray for discernment, and am a country mile from being one who will offer a blanket endorsement of all MV's.
    </font>[/QUOTE]well it is a pleasure to meet you rbell! I kinda know where your coming from since we both live in the South and all that! I have some what against some modernistsI guess mostly because of tradition but tradition down here runs DEEP! and I like it!

20. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

So, did he make mistakes in all the translations before and after? What about the Greek texts that differ from the KJV? Were those errors on God's part as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.