1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Here is a big surprise

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Sep 1, 2008.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And your point is...

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

More jobs offshore.
    More loopholes in the tax code
    More of the same...

4. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

That is because all he really plans to change is to have the federal government collect more taxes from us through different ways (like windfall profits tax on big oil, which we will all end up paying for at the pump), and more social security taxes taken directly out of our paychecks, etc. Oh and abortion on demand at anytime during pregnancy because determining when life begins is "above his pay grade."

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Very simplistic.

But, it's even simpler.

Obama is the most anti-business candidate to come down the pike in many years.

People who own and run businesses will not donate money to someone they know will try to regulate them out of existence.

Instead, Obama will pander to unions for huge donations, even against the will of some of the union members.

Will they own him if he is elected? They already do.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I thought the Obama camp gave a pretty good explanation...

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course you did.

Their propaganda is right down your alley.

It's just more of the same liberal divide and conquer strategy that has been so unsuccessful in the past...rich against poor,old against young,and

Business and corporations are evil. :eek:

Unity my aching back.

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

If you vote liberal you'd get health care... Get that back fixed right up... :laugh: :wavey:

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

We have Canada and the VA that suggests otherwise.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me voting liberal would be the only "change" wraught by Obama.

He's just more of the same old failed liberalism we all know and love.

Can a I get my aching back taken care of on that "change" mantra as well?

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I knew it would be bad, but it's much worse than I thought.

http://nwitimes.com/articles/2008/08/31/business/busine...

BY KEITH BENMAN
    [email protected]
    219.933.3326 | Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor union's have lavished big bucks on the presidential campaign of Barack Obama since January of 2007 and only a piddling amount on the campaign of presumptive Republican nominee John McCain.

On the eve of Labor Day, a Times analysis of Federal Election Commission data shows Obama scooped up $8.1 million from union political action committees through July 2008 while McCain garnered just $54,100 from organized labor and employee PACs so far in this presidential election cycle.

The all-or-nothing bet unions are placing on Obama repeats the strategy of heavily backing Democratic candidate John Kerry in the 2004 election.

"There is that huge split because there is a huge split in what Obama and McCain represent," said Tom Balanoff, President of Chicago-based Service Employees Union Local 1. "Barack Obama understands the needs of working families."

During and immediately after the primary season, SEIU political action committees were by far the largest organizational contributors to the Obama campaign, dropping a combined $7.26 million in his campaign war chest.

Of all the political action committee donations made to the Obama campaign, 89.3 percent were from unions. Of all the political action committee donations made to the McCain campaign, just 2.9 percent came from unions and employee PACs.

12. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I've never been employed by a poor man, have you? Every one of my employers have been rich. I guess rich people are good for something, aren't they? CEO's know business and they know that Obama is anti-business and anti-capitalism. He'd rather all of us live in squalor equally (aka the old Soviet Union) then have most people live well. Class warfare is disgusting. It is even more disgusting coming from a professing Christian.

13. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I'm glad you brought this up, I watched a few weeks back the negotiations of Verizon and the Unions. I noticed Verizon ask for little from the union and went as far as easily give some of the xMCI employees over to the union (not even a vote). I found this strange so I looked closer in to it.

One thing I found is the union employee's with Verizon have a pension and completely paid medical. After more checking, this is fairly standard for employee's covered by a union. I said to myself that the rest of the countries employee's were told we could best invest in our own retirement via 401K and how pensions were breaking the backs of companies and would be the demise of our own economy.

How quickly Verizon gave in to the union told me this can't be so. That company can clearly afford not only a pension but paid their CEO one of the largest bonuses in history. Is this more wool placed on the eyes of the citizens.

I see unions becoming popular again once people realize their 401K is not the great retirement hope they were told and American jobs are being sent overseas while the CEO's are getting huge bonuses. I see the people saying we work to make this company great and feel we should share in the good as well as the bad. This was the promise of the trickle down effects in the conservative policies. However, the trickles went dry and the jobs went out.

I'm glad to see Obama show interest in unions. They too can help the working American get more than a crumb if any of the pie. I am fairly pro-union after looking into the Verizon negotiations...

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I agree with this, I just see a line between rich and greed.

It's like the biblical story of the rich man and Lazarus, Lazarus didn't want much, just the crumbs that fell from the rich mans table. The rich man preferred to have those crumbs vacuumed up and thrown in the trash than to do anything for the beggar he passed by daily. There are plenty of poor folks sitting daily at these rich men gates who are not asking for a handout, just an opportunity to work and make a decent living for their families.

I'm not dumb enough to believe Obama raising taxes on these rich men will get average Joe beggar at the gate a job, but it appears the rich man wasn't giving average Joe beggar at his gate a job either way. I'm not dumb enough to believe Obama closing tax loopholes will get average Joe beggar at the gate a job, but it appears the rich man wasn't giving average Joe beggar at his gate a job either way. I'm not dumb enough to believe windfall tax on these rich men will get average Joe beggar at the gate a job, but it appears the rich man wasn't giving average Joe beggar at his gate a job either way.

However, since the rich man has so much, perhaps if we can get him to pay his fair share of taxes, maybe the rest of us can keep from getting ours raised if not reduced some day (no chance of that with the deficit this war has tun up)...

15. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Here's an idea: Since taxation is essentially organized theft, why don't we raise taxes on all the liberal elites who vote for Obama - you know, the immoral Hollywood types - make them pay 90% income tax, since 10% will be plenty for them to live on. Anyone who doesn't vote for Obama won't have their taxes raised.

LeBuick, you say the evil rich man needs to pay his "fair share." Who decides what is fair and how is it determined?

16. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What exactly is Obama going to change?

He wants to increase the number of military, which means keeping the defense budget equal to or greater than it currently is.

He's advocating more troops in Afghanistan, and it's been indicated that he wants to move into Pakistan; which means that he's not against ending the war on terror, just ending it in Iraq.

He wants to increase spending in global budgets, without indicating how he intends to pay for it.

So where's the "change"?

I need to look at the independent candidates more closely....

#16 Don, Sep 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2008
  17. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Silly liberals...paychecks are for workers. :laugh:

18. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Hollywood who are behind Obama know their taxes will be raised. They seem to be ok with it.

Fair... What if we just said equal? Would that be fair? How about everyone pay 10%?

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He will change your net take home pay by a great deal.

If you believe he will win , start looking for places to cut you budget now.

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Owned by them you mean.

And big union leadership is almost unfailingly corrupt...

One of the reasons their membership has so dramatically declined and will continue to do so.