1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Here is a big surprise

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Sep 1, 2008.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

If you or I tried to put together a SS system ourselves, we'd go to jail for creating what is called a "Ponzi Scheme." SS is broken, because many Americans no longer prepare for their retirement years...instead counting on a SS system to provide for them. That was not its original intent, and it cannot support people as such.

Um....basic statistics. People live longer, and thus draw many more years, exponentially increasing the load.

I agree with you that Congress has been criminal in its theft of SS funds. But the "boomer crisis" illustrates the inherent flaw in a Ponzi scheme...eventually, you run out of money to give out.

My family is a one-income family, and we are in no way wealthy. However, I'm putting money away for retirement: One, because that's my job to do; two, because there likely won't be any SS when I hit retirement age.

2. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Wrong again. You've been listening to way too much class warfare propaganda. Many of the tax loopholes were shut down in the 1980's when the Congress (at the bequest of Ronald Reagan) dramatically reduced the marginal income tax rates. More loopholes have been shut down since. There are fewer loopholes than ever before. Bottom line is, someone making $200,000 pays a higher % of their income in taxes vs. someone making $50,000.

You need to educate yourself on the matter instead of buying into the liberal propaganda that promotes coveting and stealing (as well as murder).

#42 Andy T., Sep 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2008