1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Here we go again - Bush Cronyism

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Magnetic Poles, Sep 10, 2005.

1. bapmom

bapmom New Member

MP,

no it wasn't.....and there's no one else either willing and/OR able to go so far in order to do it!

It was not cronyism......it was just how it had to be. They are the best at what they do, and the only ones capable of doing what needed to be done.

2. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Well, since you are attempting to make this personal, God bless you and your family, OldRegular.

Although not a native son of the Commonwealth, I cannot blame the people of Richmond for having egos. One trip to the River City and anyone would know why....

Thanks again for your input.
    [​IMG]

BiR

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's the problem...it was done without bidding. </font>[/QUOTE]Which?

Iraq or the Gulf Coast?

4. Baptist in Richmond

From the article at Frontpagemag.com:

"Halliburton alone has earned more than $9 billion. Pentagon audits released by Democrats in June showed $1.03 billion in 'questioned' costs and $422 million in 'unsupported' costs for Halliburton's work in Iraq."

By the way, with respect to the Shaw Group, did you notice the reference to them in that link I provided above?
    Allbaugh's other major client, Baton Rouge-based Shaw Group, has updated its Web site to say: "Hurricane Recovery Projects -- Apply Here!"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Halliburton alone has earned more than $9 billion. Pentagon audits released by Democrats in June showed $1.03 billion in 'questioned' costs and $422 million in 'unsupported' costs for Halliburton's work in Iraq."

By the way, with respect to the Shaw Group, did you notice the reference to them in that link I provided above?
    Allbaugh's other major client, Baton Rouge-based Shaw Group, has updated its Web site to say: "Hurricane Recovery Projects -- Apply Here!"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................
    </font>[/QUOTE]According to Old Regular:

The CEO of Shaw Group Inc. is chairman of the democrat party in Louisana!

If true...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................

6. Baptist in Richmond

I see: so Allbaugh had nothing to do with that contract, did he? It had more to do with their CEO being the chariman of the democrat party in Louisiana.

Like I said, to quote Zimmerman:
    "How many times can a man turn his head, and pretend that he just doesn't see?"

Regards,
    BiR

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gotcha! [​IMG]

Well, Old Regular did. (Attribution deserved)

[​IMG]

8. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Did you really think Bush would pass up the opportunity to pay off his friends?

By now, no one should be surprised.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who are they?

What does he owe them?

How much does he owe them?

How is he paying them off?

And for what?

10. Baptist in Richmond

Gotcha! [​IMG]

Well, Old Regular did. (Attribution deserved)

[​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]:confused:
    I am not sure I understand how you got me.

Did they or did they not utilize the services of Allbaugh?

BiR

11. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I think Poles might be right. After the shafting that Bush got from the democrat Mayor of NO amd democrat Governor of Louisana it is only natural that Bush would want to enrich the chairman of the Louisana democrat party.

Pictures of Joe Biden of Maryland as he questioned Judge Roberts. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

12. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you believe the things that the Bush administration is saying, you have great difficulty recognizing the truth. </font>[/QUOTE]==I agree. However I will also say to you that if you believe the things the Democrats, or the Republicans, are telling you than you have "great difficulty recongnizing the truth". The political spin is on both sides (thus my point). Again I point you to Matthew 7:3-5 as a reference for this issue.

It is tragic to watch Christians, on a Christian board, play politics. This is basic stuff here. Both sides play the "good ol boy system". Not just the democrats, not just the republicans, not just Bush. Both sides do at, as do many companies. The political spin going on here (by Christians!) is sad when one considers how easy it is to see this. [​IMG]

Martin.