1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Here We Go Again....

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Baptist in Richmond, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

2. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

A Bush campaign spokesman countered that Kerry himself has said Hussein "supported and harbored terrorist groups." And Cheney's spokesman pointed to a 2002 letter written by CIA Director George J. Tenet stating that "we have solid reporting of senior level contacts between Iraq and al Qaeda going back a decade" and "credible information indicates that Iraq and al Qaeda have discussed safe haven and reciprocal non-aggression." Cheney's office also pointed to a 2003 Tenet statement calling Zarqawi "a senior al Qaeda terrorist associate."

3. Baptist in Richmond

But he didn't name A-Q, did he?

It appears that this has been refuted.

Yes, and he was in the Kurdish area, wasn't he? Saddam didn't control that part of Iraq, did he?

4. Baptist in Richmond

But he didn't name A-Q, did he?

It appears that this has been refuted.

Yes, and he was in the Kurdish area, wasn't he? Saddam didn't control that part of Iraq, did he?

5. 2 Timothy2:1-4

The iraq study group is not the final authority on these matters. And the same people that are using this report to malign the President as a liar once made the same claims as the President with the same passion. This report has become propoganda to gain political power. It means very little to me.

6. Baptist in Richmond

So, if you don't like the source, you simply disregard it.
    Hmmmm.......

7. 2 Timothy2:1-4

This is an over simplification intended to avoid the issue.

8. Baptist in Richmond

I am not the one avoiding the issue. It was you who have simply decided to disregard something that does not agree with your opinion.

Nice try though.....

9. 2 Timothy2:1-4

The mistake being made here again is to think the iraq study group cannot be in error. And you do not know why I disregard anything.

10. Baptist in Richmond

Where did I make this claim? Where did anyone make this claim?

Um, okay.

How convenient for you that I "do not know why [you] disregard anything." I guess it makes it a little easier for you when you have decided to simply disregard an article or opinion that dares to disagree with your particular viewpoint. It is seemingly dismissed by you as Bush Bashing if it refutes any claims made by the Administration.

So, if there was some sort of link between Saddam and A-Q, perhaps you could share this elusive proof to support these ties. After all, it is convincing enough for you to simply dismiss the "iraq study group."

11. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Where did "Bush Bashing" come from? this is the first it has been mentioned in this conversation. What seems to be convenient for you is your ability to determine why people take the view that they do without having actually heard it from them. Assumptions are based on a false understanding and usually from having decided that the options are fewer than they actually are. And in most cases an inflated opinion of peoples own views.

As far as disregarding the Iraq study group, we had years of intelligence and screaming about ties with Al qaeda. And this came from the those who now use this report to call the President a liar. The more the President is called a liar the less credible these folks are.

But the left is grabbing on to this report as the end of the conversation so as to use it as a political tool to gain power. The left said one thing for years and now they have become hypocrites in such a blatant way. But the Iraq study group did not say that there was absolutely no connection between Saddam and Al Qaeda:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/...xml&sSheet=/opinion/2004/06/20/ixopinion.html

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you.

After all the whining and tattling is over, maybe someone can get back on topic.:thumbs:

13. Baptist in Richmond

I am the source of this. You even reproduced the quote for me.

You really do need to acquire a basic knowledge of English. Please note that I used the word "seemingly" before the phrase that I introduced, didn't I? Do you understand what the word "seemingly" means? Dictionary.com is a valuable resource.

Then where is it? Please provide a source.

You have cited an opinion piece.
    That is not surprising.
    Where is the evidence that they were working together?

14. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

You noticed this too, did you.

I doubt you will ever see one either.

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Ask Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz they were always good at finding evidence that no one else could and get military spending increased for their pards. From non existant silent Soviet sub sonar in the 70's to non existant ties between the CIA/ISI created Al Qeada and Saddam in 2001.