1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Here's my story.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Lily4508, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Lily4508

Lily4508 New Member

Are you a real believer?
    I think I am not.
    When I was sixteen I went to the US for my last schoolyear.
    There I lived with three different families. The first one was Catholic,
    but they had bad relationship among them, so they got divorced soon.
    The next family were Baptists, but they hated each other too.
    Both host- parents were very sick, so they left to the hospital. Their children
    (two guys about 20-22 years old) could have sex with their fiancees
    right before the door of their house, so when I got home from school I saw them every time.
    It was too disguisting, and finally I was out of that madness.
    And so I got to a normal family, they were Baptists too, so I got baptized.
    I really wanted to study at Ron Luce's school for the Christians,
    so that further I could work at the big christian concerts. You must know what I mean.
    My church collected money for my education,
    but the US Ambassy never gave me the visa to stay and study. They said Ron Luce's school wasn't an educational organization.
    I tried to visit Baptist churches in Russia, several years worked as an interpreter for the missionaries, but it was really different. I don't know why.

Most Russians say they're christians, but they are not the real ones. They were
    christened in Orthodox churches being small children, most of them wear a cross made of gold or silver around their neck. But it doesn't mean anything.
    They drink and smoke, they have sex before marriage, never go to Church. They prey only in danger.
    I'm the same with them now.
    I don't go to Church, though I believe in God, having Him in me heart.
    Sometimes I turn on that Christian songs I brought from America, BUT SUDDENLY FEEL ASHAMED...
    It feels like I betray them - my family, friends, my church, my God. I never write them letters, and it feels bad.
    Sorry for bad English :(

write to me....
    [email protected]

I also have my own site where I want to talk about it, but don't know if it's allowed here to post other adresses.

2. BrotherJames

BrotherJames New Member

John 16:33 (King James Version)
    33These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Just because Satan has won this round, with the embassy kicking you out. Don't worry about it. All you can do right now is pray, pray, pray for a new church, pray for the Lord to keep you away from Sin. Don't yoke with the unbelievers, you already know their fruit. Don't dwell on what happened in the past, it's gone and done with.

Romans 8:28 (King James Version)
    28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Your purpose wasn't in that college, but He has a perfect one waiting.

#2 BrotherJames, Dec 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2007
  3. Lily4508

Lily4508 New Member

what dp you mean saying "one of his"?

4. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

When I was younger, I felt I had already done so many wrong things in my young life, God would never welcome me back. Besides, every one of the Christians I knew at the time was a hypocrit. But God not only welcomed me back, He lifted me up and turned me around! All it took was for me to put just a little bit of faith in Him to start me back on a path of salvation.

love,

Sopranette

5. BrotherJames

BrotherJames New Member

I changed my post, but "one of his" mean His child. Saved, on your way to heaven, blood bought, redeemed, pardoned, you get it :p

6. Chessic

Chessic New Member

I think you are a true believer, Lily. What you wrote in your post makes me think your heart and spirit are calling out to God. I think God lives in you and He is the one that makes you sick of the sin you see around you. I think you are just in a difficult situation right now. God will lead you through this--he always does--and your task is to remain faithful to Him. Do not be discouraged by the others you see around you that claim to be Christians but don't live like it. Your walk is with God. Those other people are God's responsibility and they don't fool Him. He will see to them in His own love and holiness. Stand firm in Him and pray that he will lead you to other true believers. Stay in the Scriiptures and prayer to feed your spirit and stand firm in Him!

7. skypair

skypair Active Member

It's not the baptism that does it. What did you do before you were baptized? Acts 2:37-40

1) They were "pricked in their hearts" (convicted by the Holy Spirit). Before you were baptized, were you convicted?

2) Peter said "Repent and be baptized in the name of Christ..." Did you repent? That is, did you turn from saving yourself to asking Christ to save you?

3) "...and receive the Holy Spirit." Did you receive the Holy Spirit? That is, was there a total change of your mind, emotions, and will? I can tell you, in my conversion, I had a total submission to God and no reliance on self, period! Not in my salvation -- not in my career selection -- not in overcoming sin, NADA.

4) "For the promise is unto YOU... even as many as the Lord our God shall call ... Save yourselves from this untoward generation."

I know what you mean by being a bit embarrassed at the "Christians" around you. There are Christians over there, but, like here, they're just as "secret" as the 7000 believers that God told Isaiah were "with him" when he fled Ahab!

You know what is the best thing? If you have done these things that Peter said do, God is going to lead you in ways you could never in your wildest dreams or most fervent prayers imagine! You are a "new creation and it doth not appear what we shall be, but we KNOW that when we see Him [read your Bible], we will be like Him!!" WOW! If you are still close to 16 years old, I envy you for what God has in store for you! ::godisgood:

skypair

#7 skypair, Dec 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2007