1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Here's Something That Will Make You Think!!Here's Something That Will Make You Think!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Inquiring Mind, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Inquiring Mind

Inquiring Mind New Member

http://www.youtube.com/v/SmLhyPjHVes

Are you ready to rumble!

2. bound

bound New Member

In nomine Ieus I offer you peace,

Rumble about what exactly?

Pax

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Same was true with Lot, he was saved when the fire and brimstone came and destroyed all the rest in the city.

Luke 17;
    "28": Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

"29": But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

"30": Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

4. Inquiring Mind

I just love that refution. Keep up the good work.

5. Inquiring Mind

Rumble (Debate)!

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

refution????

I think I understand now it is because I go against the most popular belief on the Scripture, right?

I go against most of our Chruch Associations and their belief on these Scriptures. I sent this question to several Theology

Colleges and they put it before their classes. Most responses were against me but some after reveiwing the Scripture deeper

replied that they could see where I was right.

#6 Brother Bob, Aug 31, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2006
  7. bound

bound New Member

Yeah I understand you wish to debate but concerning what exactly? As I reflect on that passage I believe it speaks about the Day of Judgment not any PretribRapture so I'm not sure what your point is?

Pax

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

For those or you who think the lost will be raptured...and believers left behind...how do you coincide this with 1 and 2 Thessalonians? It totally contradicts.

9. Inquiring Mind

Exactly, that is what to be debated.

10. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

Can't say as it was exactly thought inspiring. Just one more popular misrepresentation of the Bible.

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

We are just saying Webdog that these passages are talking about the world getting caught in their sins.

We believe the Saved will be raptured up and the unsaved left to be punished, its just that these passages according to what Jesus said is those that were caught unawares and the theif was able to break into their houses is one way to put it. Another is that "death overtook them in their sins" and another is the Lord came and time ceased and they were caught in their sins. Hope I making it clear.

What I am saying and I am sure its what the others are saying also is that when the reaper came through and the blood was not applied to the lental and door post the first born was taken.
    Also, when the reaper or destruction comes through if you don't have the blood of Christ applied to your soul you will be taken in your sins. Jesus said as in the days of Noah when the flood came and took them away while they were all busy sinning and not aware that the end was there.

#11 Brother Bob, Sep 1, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2006
  12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Whew! Thanks for explaining Brother Bob...I was sweating there for a moment!

13. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    When the Son of man "is revealed" Parousia - (at the Rapture event we see in 1Thess 4 and again we see the same event in Rev 19) then as you say - the saints are raptured up - taken out and those who are left are destroyed as you say - just as the city of Sodom was wiped out - JUST as Rev 19 says "The REST were KILLED by the sword that came from His mouth".

So they are not correct in showing those left - to NOT be destroyed as was Sodom -

And PAX is right about one thing - the door of the ark closes BEFORE the RAIN falls. And while it is true that when the rain falls (the visible 2nd coming) it is a big shock - rapture and then lots of destruction upon those left -- it is ALSO true that the "door was shut" BEFORE the second coming - BEFORE the rain falls the door of the ark closes.

We see that door close at the end of Rev 15 "AND THEN" the 7 last plagues (Rev 16) and THEN the 2nd coming and Rapture event of Matt 24 (also seein in Rev 19).

14. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BobRyan,

"When the Son of man "is revealed" Parousia - (at the Rapture event we see in 1Thess 4 and again we see the same event in Rev 19) then as you say - the saints are raptured up - taken out and those who are left are destroyed as you say - just as the city of Sodom was wiped out - JUST as Rev 19 says "The REST were KILLED by the sword that came from His mouth".

So they are not correct in showing those left - to NOT be destroyed as was Sodom -

And PAX is right about one thing - the door of the ark closes BEFORE the RAIN falls. And while it is true that when the rain falls (the visible 2nd coming) it is a big shock - rapture and then lots of destruction upon those left -- it is ALSO true that the "door was shut" BEFORE the second coming - BEFORE the rain falls the door of the ark closes.

We see that door close at the end of Rev 15 "AND THEN" the 7 last plagues (Rev 16) and THEN the 2nd coming and Rapture event of Matt 24 (also seein in Rev 19)."

GE:
    What is the difference between you rapturists? The one (group) believes a stay-behind on earth going on today; the other (group - SDA) believes a stay 'up in heaven' after the second coming. To me both talk nonsense simply.

Jesus will come again; it will be judgement day; evil men are destroyed (in hell); the earth is made new; the redeemed inherit it; Christ is with them and they are where He is for evermore. Old Christian Faith and Doctrine. What do you wish better or more for?

15. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BobRyan:
    "We see that door close at the end of Rev 15 "AND THEN" the 7 last plagues (Rev 16) "

GE:
    The door that closes is Christ coming to this earth from 'heaven'; "and then the 7 last plagues (Rev 16)" - God's judgement upon the wicked - are meeted out. Then the end and then a new beginning and a new creation and a new earth wherein dwelleth righteousness for evermore. Amen, Lord Jesus, come!

16. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

BR;
    This passage says the flood took them away and its talking about those sinning.

"38": For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

"39": And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

It is very easy to think of this as the rapture for that is what first comes to mind and sounds the best but to carefully study the passage it is talking about getting caught in your sins. Jesus coming at an hour you think not when they shall be marrying and giving in marriage.

These passages are simply saying "Jesus will come at an hour ye think not".

If you believe otherwise then we will just have to agree to disagree.

17. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Why can't the one being "taken" refer to being taken away from God's wrath, as Noah was? Those remaining are judged (as in Noah's day when the wicked remained while the rains came and Noah was taken in the ark).

From NET Bible commentary

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I never new there was even a debate about this subject several years ago but while reading the Scripture again I saw what I believe now and sent it to several Bible colleges and different Theologians for their take on this passage. The responses I received back were in the majority on the side you suggest but there were those who saw it as I do. Some even sent me their answers much later saying it was a good question and they needed all that time to study it.

Marcia;
    Anyway of knowing when this was written?

#18 Brother Bob, Sep 2, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2006
  19. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Here is something worth studying on the Flood!

When the flood came Noah had already taken his family and all the animals into the ark and the

flood came and took those in their sins. (Scripture says flood took (airo) them away. (airo means to put away)

I want to make it clear that I believe that the Lord will come and take his children home to Heaven and will send destruction upon the devil and all the unbelievers.

#19 Brother Bob, Sep 2, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2006
  20. Joe90

Joe90 New Member

In reply to the very first post:

It will NOT be like that at all...

2 Peter 3:10

10 But the day of the Lord will come AS A THIEF IN THE NIGHT; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Remember the last time the Lord came they missed that too. They believed they crucified a common criminal...