1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Here's the health bill...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, Oct 31, 2009.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doing a scan of "end-of-life" finds more of the same doublethink,doubletalk as the older shorter version. The closing section of end-of-life says it all:

In other words, Washington and Oregon and any other State who wishes to legalize “assisted suicide” or the sanitized version of “death with dignity” (IMO a euphamism for euthanasia) just keep on doing what you have been doing or enact State legislation to allow for self-murder or euthanasia.

This version has introduced "abortion" via public funding, same double talk:

It isn't allowed but on the other hand it is allowed:

So at some time in the future our tax dollars will be used for "allowed" abortions.

HankD
    VerDate Nov

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

To tell you how terribly bad this bill is...

The Wall St. Journal calls it the "worst bill ever." SOURCE

That trillion-dollar healthcare bill will only cover 2% of Americans with its hideous "public option." http://boortz.com/nealz_nuze/2009/11/all-of-this-for-2.html

Annual Medicare fraud: $60 Billion. Annual profits for top ten insurance companies: $8 billion. http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2009/10/post_145.asp

I'll be real clear: This bill is unAmerican, dangerous, and wrong. And anyone who supports it is ridiculously mistaken, or ignorant, or doesn't care about the future of this country.

4. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

How about all three?

5. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thanks for posting this. As a medical student considering practicing in the US, I am very interested in the contents and outcome of this bill.

The Committee on Energy and Commerce has some good summary pages and I browsed the "Section by Section" document which summarizes each section of the bill to get a feel for the main issues being tackled by the bill. I'll summarize my understanding of the bill.

Division A: Health Care Choices is the meat of the plan which is to create 1) a Health Insurance Exchange with the goal of making it easier for consumers to compare and find the right plan for them 2) a public health insurance plan option to compete with private insurance plans. It also includes regulation to prevent potential abuses by insurance companies as well as taxing individuals and employers who do not purchase adequate health insurance for themselves or their employees.

Division B is about changes to existing Medicare/Medicaid services including cost reduction strategies and improving existing services
    Division C is about improving training opportunities for health workers.
    Division D is about improving health services for American Indians.

There are a lot of very specific apparently actionable changes that make sense to implement but most of them seem fairly minor. The major issues are the creation of the Health Insurance Exchange and the public health insurance option. I'm planning to research a little more into the implementation of those two entities to see what the potential for success is in both cases.

There are several statements like the ones HankD quoted that essentially say that this bill does not affect legislation related to ...... (abortion, end-of-life, etc) basically to calm down certain groups who get concerned that it will affect those hot-button issues and tell them that this legislation has nothing to do with those issues.

#5 Gold Dragon, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2009
  6. rbell

rbell Active Member

From Neal Boortz:

There you go. The Obama administration isn't concerned about the Constitution.

I think you have all the information you need.

Barack Obama, and his administration: They oppose freedom, liberty, and the foundations of this great Republic. These guys are evil.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Pure evil........

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist