1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heretics and the Modern Versions

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by icthus, Mar 30, 2005.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Can you prove what I have said to be incorrect, then? </font>[/QUOTE]You didn't say it. You stole it by plagiarizing and by not gaining permission to quote their information. You also placed the information on a website in violation of the rules of the source.

Where is your integrity?

FYI there are non-Christians involved in translation too. Does that make it a bad translation? Some of the most honest and dishonest people I met are in the church. So the church is not always so honest. In fact too often there are those trying to push their own agenda such as those who translated the KJV.

Did you not read what was written at the first part of the website? Let me quote it for you, "These articles cannot be stored on BBS or Internet sites or sold or placed by themselves or with other material in any electronic format for sale, but may be distributed for free by e-mail or by print. They must be left intact and nothing removed or changed, including these informational headers."

Regularly on other things they have written I have found that when going back to the sources they quoted they are taken out of context or explained in a way that the source did not make such claims.

They often do exactly what the JW's do with many good evangelical scholars. They quote them out of context and explain the quote to fir their own agenda.

Just because those scholars believe what they do does not mean they are bad translators. They may be bad commentators but not necessarily bad translators.

2. icthus

icthus New Member

How can quoting from somewhere else, where I believe that the evidence is factual, be considered as "plagiarize"? I did not give all the information as fond on this website, as it is very detailed, and I only want to deal with what I quoted. Is this a crime in your eyes? Can you prove what is reported as being inaccurate, or is it becasue you cannot respond to the facts?

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This thread is closed as the OP is in clear violation of this request by Bro. Cloud on the source site:

[ March 30, 2005, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: C4K ]