1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heritage Baptist University

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Dr. Bob, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Askjo suggested a good school as Heritage Baptist University in Greenwood, Indiana.

I am not familiar with it or with its positions on key areas. And how is it a "university"? Great ifb colleges with 1000 students are not labeled such.

Is this legitimate, accredited, real-degree granting by the state of Indiana?

Look forward to learning!

2. Dale

Dale New Member

I went there for a semester in '99
    It is not acdcredited. They mostly lean to the armenian side, though not totally. It isn't a true university IMO it had about 100 students when I was there.
    The teachers were very inconsistant from class to class IMO and contradicted each other often.
    This is not to say that it was totally worthless, but if you are looking for a "legit" school in what you have defined, then no, it most certainly is not.

3. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

You probably know the work. This is Ford Porter's school. After Dr. Porter's death, Russell Dennis, Sr. (deceased) ran the school and now his son (Russell Dennis, Jr.) is in charge.

Good school(doctrine and standards) and run by good people--fills a need.