1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Hermeneutics Taught in Seminaries

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Martin Marprelate, May 24, 2016.

1. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would never do well with any of this, regardless of their position on the scriptures. In the first place I am a Biblicist because I find issue with both of the major divisions. But my first and predominant rule for the subject of Hermeneutics is "No scripture, series of scriptures, or collection of scriptures can ever be clearly or correctly understood without the light of all scripture shining on it/them.

There are a couple of points that I have gone over with Pastors in the past that believing as I do I have, through the teaching of the Holy Spirit come to understand about the scriptures;
    1. The scripture's context is one context from "In the beginning..." through the very last verse of Revelation 22.
    2. Men, under the influence of God, penned the Word of God.
    3. God is the Author of the Bible and it's commentaries that are included.
    4. The Bible is the Jewish Version a.k.a. the Old Testament.
    5. The New Testament is composed of twenty-seven God Authored Commentaries on the Bibble He Authored for our edification.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Awww! The Bible is restricted to what it actually says instead of what we can make it say. Making scripture say what it never says is wholly human.