1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hero cops hospitalized after saving baby from blaze

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A day after an NYPD officer died from injuries sustained while responding to a Brooklyn fire, a pair of fearless cops rushed into another burning building Thursday to save an elderly man and a baby girl, sources said.
    The hero cops were then rushed to a hospital after they complained of difficulty breathing.
    Officials said the sergeant and his partner were knocking on doors in a Williamsburg tenement before they complained of difficulty breathing.
    The two-alarm fire broke out on the second floor in the rear of a three-story building on Scholes Street at about 1 p.m.
    Police Commissioner Bill Bratton said Sergeant Adrian Harris and officer Aml Elsokary got to the scene before firefighters arrived and began alerting tenants, much like the two officers who responded to a fire in a Coney Island apartment building Sunday, who then became trapped in the building’s elevator.
    “Going in, the events on Sunday were very much on my mind,” Elsokary said, according to Bratton. “But I had to help. I could hear the baby crying.”

http://nypost.com/2014/04/10/smoke-from-williamsburg-blaze-sends-2-hero-cops-to-hospital/