1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hey, what's your sign?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Sep 12, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know if people are still into using this question as much as before, but the use and dependency of horoscopes are no small business in America, and around the world. I talk with several pastors in Africa, and apparently fortune telling, witchcraft and Satanism is going strong over there. I am asked by these brothers, how to handle it, based on what we do to address it here in the states.

Lev. 19:26 is one verse of many, that speaks loud and clear about trusting in the interpretation of omen's and telling of fortunes. "You shall not eat anything with the blood; neither shall you use magic, omens, or witchcraft [or predict events by horoscope or signs and lucky days]." (AMP)

So what to you believe about this common practice, and more importantly, how have you addressed this within your congregation and youth groups? I would like your input, and any other good verses, as I'd like to share your ideas with my African pastor friends! So THAKNS ahead of time for your help! :thumbs:

So what is your sign? Mine is the sign of the "Blood stained cross!"

2. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey rd2.

You ask..., "how have you addressed this within your congregation and youth groups?"

Well, I've only a congregation of three. Three critics that is. The best way I deal with those under the sign of "Village Idiot" is to ignore them. Under this sign they have been convinced they know it all and da' rest of us be dumb. Under this sign these folks seek those who will argue with them and we all know that falling into this trap makes you appear as the bigger Village Idiot. Best thing to do is leave them alone they eventually just go away. :laugh: :wavey:

Otherwise, being under a "sign" is but child's play and considered a novelty in our church. Some folks do make a religion out of it though, I do suppose.

#2 HAMel, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2014