1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hgb a1c

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness' started by SaggyWoman, Jul 20, 2010.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

What does yours usually run?

Last time I checked, mine was a 7. A bit high, but better than 12.

2. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Even if I knew the answer, I have no idea what those letters mean.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Sounds like an air conditioner unit. LOL Mine's set at 69, which lately keeps it somewhere between 71 and 75.

So what is it really?

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

hgb a1C = Hemoglobin A1c Test

5. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I still have no idea what that is--other than something to do with the blood obviously.

6. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a test to see how much sugar is in your blood.

And it can see how high it's been for the past three months, unlike a pricking of the finger test which only shows what your sugar level is for that moment.

It's a good test to see if you are a true diabetic. My Dad is a diabetic (type 2) and he's had the test a few times. His runs around 7-8. I think once you reach 7 - you are diagnosed as a diabetic.

7. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

In that case, yes, I've had it done. I don't understand why some people assume that everyone knows what these letters and medical terms mean. By the way, I've got diabetes 2 and on pills for it.

8. 4ever4Jesus

4ever4Jesus New Member

I agree with Jon Marc. How was anyone supposed to know what those letters mean? SW please next time you ask a question like this please tell everyone what it means. Don’t worry SW we’re Christian and understanding and of course forgiving. I am not mad.

Well back in 2005 I was in the hospital because of attempt suicide. I took 2 boxes of sleeping pills. After that I could not eat for 2 or 3 months much of anything. Because I could not eat they pricked me with a needle each day as my sugar level was going down. I slowly began to be able to start eating again. I had blood work every day when I was there no fun. Message” Don’t try Suicide” I regretted after doing this. Thank the Lord my stomach healed over time. My concern now is my blood pressure which is on the border line it could be because of my weight. I’ll have to see when I lose some more.

9. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

If you are diabetic and are getting regular medical treatment, you should be getting her glycosolated hemoglobin taken to check results every three months to see if you are maintaining appropriately. Therefore, if if you are diabetic, you should know what it is.