1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hi! I dont know why

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by OsuBlod, Dec 23, 2005.

1. OsuBlod

OsuBlod New Member

Rejoice!

I have a problem, please help if you can

I`m student, and I have no such nessesary thing as computer yet... somtimes (like now) I can use the internet in the University, but its shurely not enouth...
    the town I live in is not big, so there is no satisfactory job becouse I dont have enouth spare time and have some other problems
    Im not complaining, but its so

On the other hand, I read, what only 10 persents of computers in Europe and America are recycling, and others are just leaping out to the scuffles
    and littering the ecology, or becoming absolutely useless even for such uncomputerized counties as Russia, there I live in. But here we can use it! The service life of computers are years and years

SO PLEASE SEND ME YOUR NEEDLESS OR OLD COMPUTER IF ONLY YOU HAVE IT
    What`ll cost for you fewer than to return it for remaking, and i`ll get very needed thing, and its good for ecology and its ethically good in a global scale
    Maybe that`ll be easier for you to send your old notebook due to its weight and overall dimensions
    If you are not shore how to send it, I could find the information about it in the Ihternet
    Please e-mail me

2. OsuBlod

OsuBlod New Member

I dont see why there are no answers...
    I mean? I dont understand.
    I thoght? there will be many of those who wants to send useless computer... Or yau are too lazy?
    Please post there is my fault
    Merry Christmas - I could nt say it yerlier

3. standingfirminChrist

Osublod,

Many in America do not get rid of their old computers until they crash and are irreparable.

We upgrade all of our PC's and keep them maintained.

Maybe you can talk to a University Professor about donating one of their old computers. That would save shipping and handling charges.

4. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Greetings OsuBlod. You might price eBay's used computers. I agree with standingfirminChrist ... most folk don't typically purchase a new computer until the old one dies. Though computers are updated all the time, we have everything we need in our old (and faithful) computer package.

5. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

The cost of shipping may be prohibitive to getting outdated computers to Russia.

6. OsuBlod

OsuBlod New Member

Ok, thanks for replies...
    I thought, thats not so...
    And here are only americans? I thoght, some europeens would help me...

And you rid of old computers, do you throw out
    it entirly or extract some devices?

Maybe I could gather my comp from details?

OK, another asking: Who lives in Europe and getting rid of his computer, on the way to dump please pull out CD-rom or HDD and send it to me! Who needs my adress?

7. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a 44 lb limit (and it is over 150 dollars and insurance is sky high) by usps.com and lots of restrictions, not sure a computer would get through.

Below are the restrictions.

Country Conditions for Mailing - Russia
    Russian Federation

Prohibitions (130)

Chemical substance dangerous to human life, animals, and birds and designed to combat microbes, diseases, and plants.

Color copiers.

Currency of the Russian Federation; checks and other currencies for the Bank of External Trade and of the Bank for External Economic Affairs of the Russian Federation; securities payable to bearer; State bonds; and lottery tickets of the Russian Federation.

Explosives, pyrotechnic products, matches, pyrophoric alloys, combustible preparations.

Firearms of all kinds, ammunition, swords, cutlasses, bayonets, lances, and similar arms.

Honey, pollen, wax, and honeycombs.

Printed books, newspapers, pictures and other products of the printing industry, manuscripts, and miscellaneous documents containing information that could be detrimental to State security, social order, public morals, property rights, including intellectual property and other interests of natural and legal persons.

Radioactive materials.

Transmitters and transceivers of any power, except Panasonic radiotelephones, models KX-T 7980, KX-T9000, KT-T 9050,and KX-T90890.

Undeveloped photosensitive products.

Restrictions

Books, newspapers, magazines, and other printed matter are admitted provided they contain no articles and reproductions of a vulgar and erotic nature that might be detrimental to public policy and the economy and that might infringe human rights.

Medicaments and preparations with added vitamins are admitted with the authorization of the Ministry of Public Health of the Russian Federation.

Not more than 200 cigarettes, the cost of which does not exceed 100 USD, may be sent in a package.

Observations

Articles or parts therefor imported for repair or replacement are exempt from customs duty if the sender's written declaration is included in the postal item.

Articles prohibited as imports into Russia and falsely indicated or not indicated at all on the customs declaration are confiscated.

If prohibited articles are sent, one of the following measures is taken:

-Seizure of the prohibited articles only, the rest delivered to the addressee.

-Return of the item to the country of origin.

-Seizure of the whole item.

Inherited goods from abroad are admitted and are exempt from customs duties on the basis of certificates issued by consulates of the Russian Federation abroad on the basis of the law of inheritance and the composition of the legacy.

It is prohibited to import into Russia postal items from commercial companies intended for private individuals permanently resident in Russia with the exception of legacies as well as articles admitted for repairs or replacement. However, licensed parcels from private parcel companies that have entered into a contract with VO "Vnieshintorg" are admitted. All dispatch formalities must be complied with in accordance with the current regulations in the Russian Federation.

Items containing articles admitted as imports are delivered to addressees subject to payment of customs duties at the rate of 30% of the cost of the articles:

-If the cost of the contents is between 101 USD and 1000 USD.

-If the quantity of articles imported exceeds three times the limit according to the internal standards set.

Items containing articles admitted as imports the cost of which is between 1001 USD and 10,000 USD are delivered to addressees subject to payment of the customs duties at the rate of 50% of the cost of the articles.

Items not intended for the addressee's personal use are understood to be items sent systematically in bulk even if they have different addresses and the regulation limit of the articles is complied with for each item separately. Such items are returned to the country of origin.

8. OsuBlod

OsuBlod New Member

Not paying too much... you can send old or not working notebookin parts, declaring his pice as 99 dollars for example, ad what ll be cheaperand noone will thith it inthe post

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sorry; did you just suggest people on a Christian web site not be truthful about items you've asked them to send you?

10. standingfirminChrist

I cannot send a notebook laptop accross the states for $100. Since it would be sent clear to another country across the ocean, I am sure it would be much more.

The United States Post Office does not ship things according to if they were in working order or not, but by what they weigh. So it is just as much to send a broken computer as it is to send a working computer.

11. OsuBlod

OsuBlod New Member

Don? ssory, i didnt get what you mean

ONE MORE TIME I uderstand, what it`s very hihg price for sending from USA to Russia, but IS THIS ONLY Americans board?
    I mean, are there any Europeans here?

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Osu, to try to explain:
    It was explained that cost between 101 and 1000 USD can be very costly to ship.

You then stated "you can send old or not working notebookin parts, declaring his pice as 99 dollars for example, ad what ll be cheaperand noone will thith it inthe post"

I'm not sure what you meant by "noone will thith it inthe post," but it sounded to me like you were encouraging people to take something worth more than 100 USD and declare it as 99USD or less.